News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

No more Name Changes

Started by Kevin, December 30, 2012, 05:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

We're not doing anymore name changes for a while.

Do not ask any other Administrators.

Sora

Does that include if you donate for a name change?

Voltimolt

What if I asked an administrator for a name change before this topic started and they said yes?

Jack

I think you should add an automatic name changing system on the forums for donators to use once a month. Would be neat.

Sora

This was already suggested, they are planning to do it but it's definitely gonna be a while until this is implemented lol

Rex

Quote from: Voltimolt on December 30, 2012, 08:00:21 PM
What if I asked an administrator for a name change before this topic started?

I ask the same thing. :D

Dutch God

Quote from: Kevin on December 30, 2012, 05:28:10 PM
We're not doing anymore name changes for a while.

Do not ask any other Administrators.

Lol, I was just in time :p

Dug

I say no more name changes even for donators, people having to continuously add new account names is a pain. It's a waste of effort and space for friends.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Jake

Just be more careful with what you make your name.

Ry60003333

We may set up an automated system for donator name changes and do some backend trickery so that the friends list will auto update with the new name if someone changes their name.

The only problem is that people who change their name many many times will be hard to recognize, so we may add like a command to view people's previous names or something like that. However, some people change their names so that people don't recognize them, so I'm not sure about that either. ???
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Jake

If people are worried about others finding out who they are when they change their name, they should definitely create a new account. If you've posted on the forums at least once before you've changed your name you're practically busted straight away.