News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

12/25/12 (December 25th, 2012)

Started by Krest I V, December 25, 2012, 03:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krest I V

Does the belief in Santa make you stupid? Goes for any age, not just for kids.

For me to answer this question I first need to ask myself if I can prove or disprove his existence. My short answer to that is no, I can't prove or disprove whether or not he exists. I personally don't, but I can't prove it one way or the other. Now I have to compare it to something else. God? Sure, God. Can I prove or disprove God exists? Nope, not even a little bit. Do I still believe he exists? Whole-heartedly. I think he exists based on beliefs and only on beliefs, just like a child might think Santa exists solely on beliefs.

I think that if believing in one is stupid then so it believing in the other, but that believing in general isn't. So my answer is no, I don't think it does.

Rex

Kevin

When I was a child, I believed in Santa. Only for a few years before I realized it was just a game. The idea of Santa Clause is basically to keep kids to be good for a month out of the year. If they mess up 'Santa' will give you coal. So the idea was to make kids scared and be good. It never worked for me. I was never a 'bad' kid. The usual mischief.

Do I think believing in Santa is/was bad? Nope. If anything it helped makes a child's mind more imaginative and keeps them in good behavior.

White Angel

Never believed in santa.. my parents told me that there was no santa..

lollol

Quote from: White Angel on December 25, 2012, 06:52:36 PM
Ouch
Quote from: Yoho on May 26, 2011, 12:06:29 PM
"Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind"

(Just for the lulz :D)

96% of people won't stand up for God
Put this in your Sig if you are one of the 4% who will"
‎/\/\ /-\ Z E /\/

White Angel

Quote from: lollol on December 26, 2012, 02:30:42 PM
Quote from: White Angel on December 25, 2012, 06:52:36 PM
Ouch
Was weird for me since all the other kids believed..

Jake

Believing in santa is not a bad thing at all. If anything it's good.

It creates a bit of fun at the back end of the year  8)

Jack

I don't believe in Santa.

It was fun when I did though, you'd wake up all early open presents. Now it's just like another day, except it's spent with family.

Kryptonite

A lot of people would say it's stupid to believe in something without proof, but if we're just talking about Santa idk. Maybe if you're a full grown adult and still believe in Santa I may have some doubts about you, but I wouldn't say you're stupid.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.