News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

[MAC USER] Question to Ry or anyone that know anything bout this.

Started by made 4 range, February 27, 2009, 11:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

made 4 range

Hey!
I am a mac user as displayed on the subject.
I wonder how u get the client playable for mac?
As i know i have to use Therminal, and i've tried the commands a thousand times and modified and stuff.
But i never get it to work, as i get lots of different errors.
Ans since i see you've managed to do this, i thought i could ask U Ry or somone else arround here
how do do it in some easy steps?
;D
Help would be really appreaciated and rewarded on my own server.
NB! I really find the help important as i have to compile and test the millions of code if modified.
(i've been coding my server for almost a year now)
[This does not mean i have been trying to make it able for mac in a year because i started looking today, then i remembered that this client actually works on mac. And i've been using it for a long time]
- Made 4 range

bhs

I have a mac, It is quite new and don't want to get into specifics but This is the ONLY server I have ever been able to download, I am not sure about WSB, I really want to play it.  I am not sure about your problem, try and download WINRAR I would suggest.
I hear people wanting something.... ME!!!!

Delicious

Guys Guys Guys,

First of all, I'm a Mac user too.
Second of all, Most clients out there are compiled on a pc, making it unable to be open on Macs some-what outdated version of Java, but you can't update it so don't try lol. You have to compile the client on your Mac. Blitz will be Mac-compatable btw. If the client is open source, there ya go. Knock your self out. With a few compiling commands, you will be in buisness.

Your fellow Mac user,

Tanner

Triniboy

Quote from: bhs on March 08, 2009, 11:45:44 AM
I have a mac, It is quite new and don't want to get into specifics but This is the ONLY server I have ever been able to download, I am not sure about WSB, I really want to play it.  I am not sure about your problem, try and download WINRAR I would suggest.

I'm sure for worldscape Blitz, it should be able to run on a Mac :)

Volcanic Me

For anyone else who decides this in the future:

Quote from: Bill on December 14, 2008, 11:57:19 PM
I have seen a thread lately that some players posted about them creating their own server and they have posted about it on the Worldscape forums. They also had the nerve to ask Ryan and Jeremy help with coding it. Just to get a few things straight, never post or make it public to the eyes of Worldscape that you are creating your own server. You are exposing Worldscape's players to your server and that is not tolerated here on Worldscape or the forums.
This post has been confirmed by a member of the AllGoFree Staff.

Thrive

Quote from: bhs on March 08, 2009, 11:45:44 AM

heres something cool: WIN = WINDOWS IN WINRAR
What happens is that macs run on Javac 1.5.0 in which regular servers are used in windows.
Ry had to hard code it so that it would compile with javac 1.5.0
Suggestion if you want to play/host other servers, just use the bootcamp applications and a windows disc and will run windows on your mac. I have vm ware which allows you to run both windows and mac at the same time.
Otherwise, have fun playing AGF, seeing as its the only mac client. Moparscape is another client, but its horrible. Sooo enjoy WS!

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...

Delicious

Or you can get the client that i coded? It works perfectly.

Zack

Or I have an even better idea. Install Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) as a secondary OS next to Mac OS X. It supports Java and most clients. And is based on Unix just like Macs.

Delicious

That could also work, but is alot more complicated. I can post a couple of pics of running the blitz client on mac, just to show you if you wanted  ::)