News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Veteran item?

Started by Grievous, December 11, 2012, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grievous

Idk, maybe we should get a response from Ry or Kevin, that knows how to do this kind of stuff, instead of drawing conclusions?

Jake

As i said, I'm not trying to shoot down anyones ideas here. I'm just giving you my opinion and in all honesty, as cool as the idea is, I don't know how it could all be done and work smoothly without drama/hassles.

Just saying.

Grievous

I just think it'd be good for a change to get some new items that people could "work" for. I know for myself that one of the reasons that I'm still playing RS is to accomplish that 10 year veteran cape. I just think in general we need to bring in more items that has a purpose and more rares.

I'm not dying for this idea, I just thought that if it's not too much work it could be a decent addition to the game. In general I just think we need to think fresh, and not think that change (this is a rather small one) is bad. I'd would be fun to get a reply from the admins, so they can answer how hard it would be/if it's even do-able.

I hope more people can suggest small, fresh updates, so the people that play this game have something to work for. In my opinion, we're a small community, so adding something like "Pest-control" or "Soul Wars" would be a waste of time.

Jake

We are a small community as of now. Don't forget this server can hold up to 2000+ players without any lag what so ever. This server is very capable of achieving great things. Adding Pest control or something similar to that nature would be a big plus for the long haul. It's a real big "pro" in an advertising point of view. The more big features, or new features, your server has the more appealing it is to others. Pest control is just an example, there are plenty more.

Well the server hasn't even been around for 10 years and the only person that would be able to have a 10 year cape, when we do reach that far, would be Ryan. A different milestone would work easier but then again I still think this will be difficult.

Krest I V

I think a veteran should be more than just someone who has played since XXXX It should be someone who posts regularly on the forums and never "quit" the game only to come back while still playing the game for five years or so. Someone who is loyal to the game and stuck through thick and thin.

Also, the item doesn't need to be an item that will give you a tactical advantage. It could be something like super rare, ultra strong armor that has all of it's stats at zero. The vets shouldn't be able to trade the item either. As for handing it out, the admins could place people in a special group (like donors) and they would then have access to a special teleport like ::veteran in game where they could get the item.

Wild

I like the idea, but i undrstand if people don't agree with this.

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Grievous

See, this idea can be tweaked and it's rules for getting isn't set in stones. I just think that the basic that a "loyal" or a "long term player", could get a special item. It's really not a big deal, it's like, let's say you work somewhere for a really long time, you'll get paid more, right? It's kind of the same way, but it wouldn't really be an advantage.

Ry60003333

One thing I just remembered is that veterans should have some items from the old holiday and special events; such as the Jester hats and sleigh from the Christmas event. If anyone still has the piece of paper that lets you teleport to the event area and wrap presents for people, you are definitely a veteran! ;D

So there is one aspect of how we already have veteran items in the game. 8)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

grievous123

Quote from: Ry60003333 on December 14, 2012, 11:23:44 AM
One thing I just remembered is that veterans should have some items from the old holiday and special events; such as the Jester hats and sleigh from the Christmas event. If anyone still has the piece of paper that lets you teleport to the event area and wrap presents for people, you are definitely a veteran! ;D

So there is one aspect of how we already have veteran items in the game. 8)

Yeah in one way, but it's not really "showing off" or whatever. A piece of paper can't really be compared with a wearable item lol. I do agree with something like a holiday item, just don't ruin rares for others, and I'm good with it! :)

Ry60003333

Well accessing that area allows you to get more snowballs, which are wearable and throwable at other players! ;)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.