News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

quests?

Started by nate, December 11, 2012, 06:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nate

i think it would be really cool if there were some hard quests (if not only one) that would require some kind of untradable requirements to finish like having a certain level in all your skills and to have and a certain amount of tokens from each minigame. The reward would be one of the anger weapons and the ability to wield them. (we would have to remove all of them from game if this happened) they would have pretty good stats that exceeded a whip so that they were something that people would strive to obtain. and this would increase pking because people would pk in hopes of looting a wealthy item.

idk, just a thought.

This is / isn't a serious post

wolf

I think RFD is a good idea and you get a wooden spoon or something for a reward.

Jake

I fully support the idea of having quests. That would be hell.

wolf

It would take some time. I think you want to release quests all at the one time. If you release them 1 by 1 players will just do them as they come out and wont really be any sort of challenge to get all your quests done.

Jake

That's exactly right. They'd finish them relatively easy and the Quest Cape wouldn't be much of an amazement.

Maybe 3-5 hard quests brought out at one time then just actively work on more quests in spare time, that way there's always something to be done.

Wild

If they make one, it should be a good one.

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Jake

Quote from: Wild on December 12, 2012, 03:10:55 AM
If they make one, it should be a good one.
Knowing Ryan he'll make every single one of the quests GOOD, If he decides to make some.

Grievous

Making a good, enjoyable quest isn't easy. I just think that people would finish off quests way to fast, and it'd be dead content pretty quickly.

Jake

Quote from: Grievous on December 12, 2012, 06:41:59 AM
Making a good, enjoyable quest isn't easy. I just think that people would finish off quests way to fast, and it'd be dead content pretty quickly.
Not necessarily. Hopefully we start gaining new players so there will always be people starting new quests. Sure there might be some beasts that finish them really quick, but that's pretty much the same as everything that gets added on RSPS's.

Grievous

I guess, but quests are a "one time thing", once you've done it, it's completed. The reward needs to be balanced too, because people could make new account if it's good, and if it's not good, I doubt many people will even bother with it.

Not trying to be negative, because updates in general = more active players.

Jake

There's a good point with the rewards there. Maybe make quest items un-tratable, that way you can't double up?

I know you aren't being negative. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion  :)

Grievous

Definatly. Maybe something like extra exp or maybe just pure exp? It doesn't need to be items?

Jake

Quote from: Grievous on December 12, 2012, 07:02:40 AM
Definatly. Maybe something like extra exp or maybe just pure exp? It doesn't need to be items?
Not all quest rewards need to be items, No. But we can't make them all just involve an xp reward. People could just train in the space of time they've done the quest.

Ry60003333

We are working on a quest scripting system that will allow developers to program quests for us. 8)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Jake

Quote from: Ry60003333 on December 12, 2012, 10:13:03 PM
We are working on a quest scripting system that will allow developers to program quests for us. 8)
Loving life over this post.