News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Veteran item?

Started by Grievous, December 11, 2012, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grievous

I can't really be botherd to write an essay on this, but it would be cool to add an item that's avaliable to accounts whom been here for [debatable] years. Doesn't need to give a tactical advantage, but something like that appriciates the vetarans of the game.

What do you think?

Jack

Like a cape or sometihng.?

Grievous

I guess, any item in general (wear-able). Not really about the item, but to show off your accomplishment as a loyal player.

Krest I V

Lunar? It's a 474 item and no one in the game has it right now.

nate

but then begs the question, what constitutes of veteran?

just about everyone started in 2009.

This is / isn't a serious post

Grievous

I was thinking maybe like a 3 - 5 - 7 year items maybe? Capes could be good.

wolf

It should be a really old item not newer because its for old players old items will suit more.

Jack

Quote from: Krest I V on December 11, 2012, 06:16:04 PM
Lunar? It's a 474 item and no one in the game has it right now.
Godswords and all that are 474, so it is in-game just not released.

Jake

I don't really agree with this to be honest. I don't see why people who have been here for years, or as they like to be called "Veterans", have to have something special in-game. If anything maybe a custom group for them on the forums but I don't think they should actually have an advantage over players in-game just because they've played the game longer. And even if it's something that doesn't put them at an advantage it still leaves "younger" players out and there will most likely be a lot of fuss over people thinking that they are a "Veteran". Also it's a lot of work for Admins/Mods to be handing out items to every single person that falls under this umbrella.

It just seems silly to me, That's my thoughts anyway.

wolf

Quote from: Jake on December 12, 2012, 12:01:22 AM
I don't really agree with this to be honest. I don't see why people who have been here for years, or as they like to be called "Veterans", have to have something special in-game. If anything maybe a custom group for them on the forums but I don't think they should actually have an advantage over players in-game just because they've played the game longer. And even if it's something that doesn't put them at an advantage it still leaves "younger" players out and there will most likely be a lot of fuss over people thinking that they are a "Veteran". Also it's a lot of work for Admins/Mods to be handing out items to every single person that falls under this umbrella.

It just seems silly to me, That's my thoughts anyway.
I thought it was a good idea til i read this... TBH i don't really care if they make this or not.

Jake

I didn't write that to change everyones mind, If it changes your mind then so be it. I don't want to seem like I'm shooting down your suggestions, I'm just letting you know how i feel about it.

Genuine

It'll be hard to determine how long you've played.
I've had more than one account on here and my first account wasn't on the forums.

Grievous

@Rory - I think the admins have the power to find out how long someone has had they're account for.

I'm not saying this because I consider myself a "veteran", I've only been here for a few years. I just think it would be healthy for the community if older players would be recognized. I don't really see how an item, that has no affect on in-game play, could be damaging for other players.

I suggested this because I think that updates and new items are healthy for the game, even small updates.

It doesn't have to be like a 3-5-7 thing, it could be capes ranging from 1 - 10 years, or whatever.

Jake

That would be far to much work for the admins to be doing. They could be working on something major, Like a mini-game or a new skill instead of handing out items to these people. It's a lot of messing around.

There would be too much drama with people thinking they're "Vetrans" with other accounts and what not. Lets not forget the timezones for admins too. Plus 10 on messing around scale.

Genuine

Quote from: Grievous on December 12, 2012, 04:51:11 AM
@Rory - I think the admins have the power to find out how long someone has had they're account for.
I highly doubt that they'd be able to know the exact date I joined.