Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Bring WorldScape Back [READ]

Started by Kryptonite, September 09, 2012, 05:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gomes97

Quote from: James on October 30, 2012, 11:38:54 PM
Quote from: Francis on October 30, 2012, 09:05:45 PM
I agree with this, I don't ever go on worldscape because the games economy is ruined and there is 0 people online everytime i check. I barely check how many players is online, but when i do, theres 0 players. If the game actually gets improved, I might start playing again, as will alot of other people.

This is something I can't stand.

You all asked us for an economy fix. When we fix it, you all complain it's fixed.  I cannot find an emoticon that has a strong enough confused face to show my feelings.

i think fix eco in the time pking was fun nobody was crying about eco i think if the pking is good ws is good.

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

James

Quote from: Voltimolt on October 31, 2012, 02:17:00 AM
Quote from: James on October 30, 2012, 11:38:54 PMI cannot find an emoticon that has a strong enough confused face to show my feelings.

Thanks Volt.

I can always count on you. :-)

Teh

Triniboy

I would also like old accounts back as well as old pking :) .

Grievous

Francis

I agree with this, I don't ever go on worldscape because the games economy is ruined and there is 0 people online everytime i check. I barely check how many players is online, but when i do, theres 0 players. If the game actually gets improved, I might start playing again, as will alot of other people.

You all asked us for an economy fix. When we fix it, you all complain it's fixed.  I cannot find an emoticon that has a strong enough confused face to show my feelings.
Fixing a game is more then just restarting the server and letting people start from scratch. It's MUCH MUCH more then that. The update to start form scratch happend several months ago and noone has touched the server since. That update also shows no effort in fixing the server because it takes less then a minute to erase files and let people start from scratch. Some of the requests people give take a few minutes to add. It's the small things that make people happier. Saying you don't have time because of school is f*cking horse shit because it takes several minutes for SOME of the things. Some take a few months, some take a few minutes. But leaving worldscape for several months untouched is ridicioulous. I'm not saying school is easy. I'm saying that there HAS to be some time for worldscape in those months the server was untouched. If the server isn't updated for a few weeks it's understandable. Honestly, the staff shouldn't even defend themselves because most of the people that are complaining are doing it for a reason no? most of the people who are complaing are pretty reasonable complaints, instead of replying to every person that complains on the forums, use that time to update the server. You don't have the time to update the server but you have the time to reply to several hundred comments for months? Show the players that you're putting SOME effort in the server.
Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!

James

Quote from: Francis on November 02, 2012, 09:20:16 PM

Fixing a game is more then just restarting the server and letting people start from scratch. It's MUCH MUCH more then that. The update to start form scratch happend several months ago and noone has touched the server since. That update also shows no effort in fixing the server because it takes less then a minute to erase files and let people start from scratch. Some of the requests people give take a few minutes to add. It's the small things that make people happier. Saying you don't have time because of school is f*cking horse shit because it takes several minutes for SOME of the things. Some take a few months, some take a few minutes. But leaving worldscape for several months untouched is ridicioulous. I'm not saying school is easy. I'm saying that there HAS to be some time for worldscape in those months the server was untouched. If the server isn't updated for a few weeks it's understandable. Honestly, the staff shouldn't even defend themselves because most of the people that are complaining are doing it for a reason no? most of the people who are complaing are pretty reasonable complaints, instead of replying to every person that complains on the forums, use that time to update the server. You don't have the time to update the server but you have the time to reply to several hundred comments for months? Show the players that you're putting SOME effort in the server.

It's not just the fact that we don't have time, which we really don't, but when you're working on multiple projects at once, plus doing everything else that life in general throws at you, certain things will be pushed to the side.  Honestly, I do my part in responding to every single complaint/issue that we get, as I consider myself the most community-minded of the staff members (I mean that in the best way possible).  And, with the introduction of RuneRebels, I won't lie to you all, there was some issues behind the scenes that disabled us from updating Worldscape, and that is taking a lot longer to fix than we thought it would.  Another example other than the economy wipe was Zombies.  If you actually sit down and play Zombies, if you saw the coding and all of the time that was put into the mini game itself, we should all take the year off!

When we all have the time to sit down and talk when we're not all working on projects of our own, the main thing we talk about IS WORLDSCAPE.  Worldscape was the beginning for many of us, and it will NEVER be thrown away, shut down, or any of that nonsense.  As for World 2, you can expect that fairly soon.  I've already discussed it with many people before:  PK'ing from Worldscape Classic is something that is really hard to bring back.  BUT. That is something I want to bring back. That is something that the majority of us want back.  I am always open to any questions or concerns, and I usually answer them with a clear answer, but that doesn't mean I will give up my opinions, as I am also a very opinionated person.

Genuine

Feel free to add me to this list.
I wouldn't mind associating with a few of my old friends.

Francis

All that argueing and I forgot to ask you to add me to the list, BIG support! James, i'm pretty sure you competly understand what i'm saying and you understand what everyone else is saying. I have nothing else to say as I will just wait for the server to be updated..
Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!

Tyren

James

Quote from: Francis on November 03, 2012, 12:26:11 PM
All that argueing and I forgot to ask you to add me to the list, BIG support! James, i'm pretty sure you competly understand what i'm saying and you understand what everyone else is saying. I have nothing else to say as I will just wait for the server to be updated..

I completely understand everyones frustrations, as well as my fellow staff-mates. I love all of you guys. We're like a big fat and smelly family. Except for Alex.

Mia

I support! It's about time someone got their heart's into gear.  Now all we need to do is get RR shutdown >.>

Chaoslancex

Quote from: Mia on November 06, 2012, 08:06:46 PM
I support! It's about time someone got their heart's into gear.  Now all we need to do is get RR shutdown >.>

I probably have no room to talk, cause ive been inactive for a long time.. Been busy with life and life.... Anyways i know for a fact that ryan and he's developing staff is working hard and has not forgotten any of you.. Sure they might be working on runerebels witch seems to be a very promising project and I'm sure it's something that Ryan loves. And about worldscape like everyone at some point said it will never ever die.. To be honest I'd love to just get online and talk to people see how there doing what they've been up to.

James

Quote from: Mia on November 06, 2012, 08:06:46 PM

Rune rebels will never ever EVER be shut down ;-). It's our second child.

nate

Quote from: Chaoslancex on November 06, 2012, 10:36:25 PM
To be honest I'd love to just get online and talk to people see how there doing what they've been up to.

just based on the game and activity currently, thats all worldscape is good for.

This is / isn't a serious post