News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Cany someone make the client for Ubuntu (Linux)

Started by Hysteria, February 16, 2009, 10:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hysteria

Hey, I'm Hysteria and I'm interested in playing, but every time I use the browser based client, it freezes at some point in the load after the cache is done. I would like to download the client, but in order to run it, it needs to be compatible to Ubuntu (Linux) because the Wine program won't run the Windows clients. Can anyone help please??

Hysteria

Surveillance

Well, you don't ask the players that question. You either ask Jeremy or Ryan. Ryan Mostly, he made almost everything.

1. Talk to Ryan/Jermey via PM.
2. Only ^^^ can make those client.

3. Client were actually made to work on every system.

Surveillance,
Ex- WorldScape Security Department. Part of Jeremy's Order. but I can still watch you guys. I just don't own that company, neither does anyone else.

Zack

You could always use an emulator to use Windows until Ryan makes a new client, or you can use web clients like SilabSoft and MoparScape.

Hysteria

I don't think you can use an Emulator for linux either, I'll check though. As for Silabsoft, it won't load for some reason, and MoparScape usually makes your person invisible because it is not updated.

Zack

Well what Linux distro is it, because I know a few emulators that work for Ubuntu.

Hysteria

I have an Emulator but I don't know how to use it for the client.

Zack

You need an emulator like Virtual Box and then install windows on it, then run the client through windows.

Hysteria

I don't have any Windows Cd's, so I can't Download windows on it.

Triniboy

If you want a windows installer,...try dowloading Windows 7(beta) From Micrsoft website or You can  maybe check on Torrent sites and download a OS.

Hysteria

In order to have the windows, I'm going to have to make the windows CD's in order to install it, and I haven't any blank, or write-able cd's laying around.

Zack

Ok, I'll tell you how to install it without CD's. First download Windows XP/2000/Vista/7 ISO from a torrent site like mininova.org, then download Virtual PC 2007 which can be found here Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 Download. After you have the ISO and Virtual PC 2007 installed follow this guide to install Windows on it.

Microsoft Virtual PC 2007

• Open Virtual PC and click "New" on the right side.
  • Select all your preferences
  • Double click on the PC you want to run
  • On the top of the new window that popped up click "CD"
  • Choose the Windows ISO and fully install Windows

Hysteria

Triniboy

Hey Hysteria, Not to be going off topic, but what is the lowest amout of computer RAM you would need to run Linux? Does it require more than 200MB RAM?

Hysteria

To install Ubuntu using the LiveCD, you must have at least 512 MB of RAM. To install Ubuntu using the alternate install CD, you need a minimum of 64 MB.