News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

508 HD client stucks at connecting to update server

Started by rastanoob, May 12, 2012, 08:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rastanoob

My 508 HD client stucks at connecting to update server, however, the 508 Low Detail client works perfect

Any solutions?

Jake

Maybe your computer can't run high detail. I know allot of people have this issue.

rastanoob

Quote from: Jake on May 12, 2012, 09:15:11 AM
Maybe your computer can't run high detail. I know allot of people have this issue.

Oh, thats too bad, my graphics card is really high... is that the problem?

brianc

Hello,

It's due to the tcp connection.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 have issues with tcp protocols.

There is a fix...

Although I forgot where it is at.

Best bet is to use google.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

Recoil

"Googling" it won't help. It's a specific problem to WS. There's nothing to Google. Last time I checked Tech Support was to get help, not to redirect people to Google and give up hope.

And to all developers, this problem has come up a million times, still no answer. It happens on my crappy computer too. Either fix it or tell us it's not gonna happen.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Thehate

Quote from: Recoil on May 12, 2012, 06:08:09 PM
"Googling" it won't help. It's a specific problem to WS. There's nothing to Google. Last time I checked Tech Support was to get help, not to redirect people to Google and give up hope.

And to all developers, this problem has come up a million times, still no answer. It happens on my crappy computer too. Either fix it or tell us it's not gonna happen.

Just be patient dude, these things take time... they are also doing development on Rune Rebels as well, so just be patient :)
I'm a forum and server legend ;)

brianc

Hello,

I think problem would be within the environmental variables.

I remember editing them before and it was fixed.

Try making sure your environmental variables are set correctly pointing at the direct path to your jre and jdk.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

Kryptonite

Quote from: brianc on May 15, 2012, 07:38:24 PM
Hello,

I think problem would be within the environmental variables.

I remember editing them before and it was fixed.

Try making sure your environmental variables are set correctly pointing at the direct path to your jre and jdk.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

I doubt most people know what that means lol. You should explain a bit more.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Ry60003333

Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.