News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

WS hunger game mini-game

Started by wolf, May 10, 2012, 06:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should We Have Worldscape Hunger Games?

Wolf's Idea
Jarred's Idea.
No.

wolf

you like the idea?  a mini-game that would pull in the players, and be quite alot of fun.

.-.Requires at least 4 players for the game to start.
.-.Randomly you would get a casket (Sponsors) which had random items like food, weapons, amour or potions.
.-.Goes until the last man survives. (has 5 minute timer)
.-.A reward shop just like camp and zombies. (Dragon token for shop money, like the badge in the movie.)

Caskets:  Rune set of 50, Bow and arrows, strength-attack or defense potions, iron or rune amour, dds or whip, and javelins.
Random item spawns:  Barricades, tinderbox, a npc that attacks when the last 2 survivors are standing. A wolf or a dog of some sort like the movie.

Credits To

HOSTS.
Diva la viva
Old Melvin

COMPETITORS.
Freak M4n
Fatdude
ITzFAKERZ
Mia
Wild
Gomes97
Dieknowsawr

Jarreds Idea
Well, there is a lobby in which you wait for other players, as soon as there is enough, each person gets teleported to a set point location surrounding the "Cornucopia". The players will be unable to teleport or run out due to permanent boundaries such as a fence (in a -1 zone so others can't teleport in). There is a small area in the middle with various armour, weapons, food, potions etc which is like the "conucopia", everyone fights until there is only a 2-3 remaining and something like (aggressive) hellhounds randomly spawns attempting to kill the players, as soon as every person is dead except for one, the group is teleported back to the lobby in which they receive tokens to spend at a shop. Please note, there will be a sort of spectator mode for the dead competitors, perhaps with the ability to speak considering it will be quite hard to find remaining competitors, they may also be given the ::teleto command to make it easier. The arena can't be too large because of the low number of competitors. Also, at a random time, a casket might appear in the players inventory with a random item. i've also been thinking that a random medium level NPC may spawn mirroring the random events in the Games. I think magic should be disabled for this event\mini game.
Please discuss my idea.. 

Jake

Awesome idea although it's a little similar to the Zombie Mini-Game.

wolf

Quote from: Jake on May 10, 2012, 06:36:49 AM
Awesome idea although it's a little similar to the Zombie Mini-Game.
Yes actually its quite similar but the part i love about it is its P.V.P!

I don't think Ryan would like the name it "The Hunger Games" if he decided to create this mini-game.

Desolate

Does it need 12 people for the game to start?

wolf

Quote from: Jarred on May 10, 2012, 06:43:58 AM
Does it need 12 people for the game to start?
i don't think it should be limited due to today's economy but i think at least 4 in future if WS gets more players then i think it would be 12

stolp4

I like this idea is new and original.
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.

Diva La Viva

It sounds pretty impossible to make as a minigame, maybe it's better if we do it as an event a couple of times a year.

Jake

Quote from: Diva La Viva on May 12, 2012, 06:31:17 AM
It sounds pretty impossible to make as a minigame, maybe it's better if we do it as an event a couple of times a year.
Nothing's impossible, Especially when Ryan's involved  8)

Thehate

Quote from: Jake on May 12, 2012, 09:19:39 AM
Quote from: Diva La Viva on May 12, 2012, 06:31:17 AM
Nothing's impossible, Especially when Ryan's involved  8)

And don't we all know it? Because without Ry this wouldn't be possible!! :)
I'm a forum and server legend ;)

Desolate

To be completely honest, I don't think it will work as a mini-game. I Just see it as something that one of the staff can hold every once in a while.
Scratch what I said above, I've thought of a way in which it could work. :o

wolf

Quote from: Jarred on May 12, 2012, 08:36:08 PMI've thought of a way in which it could work.
Please Explain.

Desolate

Well, there is a lobby in which you wait for other players, as soon as there is enough, each person gets teleported to a set point location surrounding the "Cornucopia". The players will be unable to teleport or run out due to permanent boundaries such as a fence (in a -1 zone so others can't teleport in). There is a small area in the middle with various armour, weapons, food, potions etc which is like the "conucopia", everyone fights until there is only a 2-3 remaining and something like (aggressive) hellhounds randomly spawns attempting to kill the players, as soon as every person is dead except for one, the group is teleported back to the lobby in which they receive tokens to spend at a shop. Please note, there will be a sort of spectator mode for the dead competitors, perhaps with the ability to speak considering it will be quite hard to find remaining competitors, they may also be given the ::teleto command to make it easier. The arena can't be too large because of the low number of competitors. Also, at a random time, a casket might appear in the players inventory with a random item. i've also been thinking that a random medium level NPC may spawn mirroring the random events in the Games. I think magic should be disabled for this event\mini game.
Please discuss my idea..  :o
Edit: fixed it up a bit and decided that the players will be teleported in a sort of circle around the "Cornucopia".

Diva La Viva

Jake

Yeah not bad, Jarred. Done well.

wolf

Quote from: Jarred on May 14, 2012, 07:18:40 AM
Please discuss my idea..  :o
Edit: fixed it up a bit and decided that the players will be teleported in a sort of circle around the "Cornucopia".
Absolutely loving this idea im going to add it to the topic. but the spectator would only work like the zombies i think you would have to be some sort of npc to free roam but you can do ::playernamehere pos and then you get  their x and y axis to teleport to. and what about sponsors?

EDIT: I have edited the poll can everyone re-vote, whoever hasn't could you please?