News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Donator Shop (POLL)

Started by Kryptonite, March 28, 2012, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your opinion on the donator shop?

There should be no donator shop whatsoever.
The donator shop should remain but the items should change so we can have an economy again.
The donator shop should remain the same as it is now.
The donator shop should have every possible item to ruin the economy (not much more to add to it)
Other...? (Please post if you select this)

Kryptonite

If you haven't read my topic already, you can read it here:

http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,12664.0.html

So, vote here for what you think. And please, post WHY you voted what you voted for.

I'm voting the donator shop should stay but the items should change to the cheesy "rares" like beret masks and stuff so we can have an economy and people will still donate.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

James

The donator shop is a good idea.  The way it's used though, is not.  In my opinion, the donator shop should have items that are non tradeable, offer no assistance in PvP, very little to no assistance in PvM, and have no way of effecting the economy.  A donator shop should be an addition to the good feeling of donating, it should not be the sole purpose.  (Yes, I have donated and plan to do more in the future, but I do not like the fact that many rare\items that are rewards for camp or zombies are obtainable through donating..)

*EDIT* Fixed typos

Kryptonite

That's what I'm sayin!! ^^^

weed

nate

Quote from: James on March 28, 2012, 09:39:42 PM
The donator shop is a good idea.  The way it's used though, is not.  In my opinion, the donator shop should have items that are non tradeable, offer no assistance in PvP, very little to no assistance in PvM, and have no way of affecting the economy.  A donator shop should be an addition to the good feeling of donating, it should not be the sole purpose.  (Yes, I have donated and plan to do more in the future, but I do not like the fact that many rare\items that are rewards for camp or zombies.)

100% my thoughts

This is / isn't a serious post

Recoil

Quote from: James on March 28, 2012, 09:39:42 PM
The donator shop is a good idea.  The way it's used though, is not.  In my opinion, the donator shop should have items that are non tradeable, offer no assistance in PvP, very little to no assistance in PvM, and have no way of effecting the economy.  A donator shop should be an addition to the good feeling of donating, it should not be the sole purpose.  (Yes, I have donated and plan to do more in the future, but I do not like the fact that many rare\items that are rewards for camp or zombies are obtainable through donating..)
Eggs-actly! People should donate to support the server, not for valuable items to ruin the economy.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Wild

Quote from: Recoil on March 29, 2012, 11:43:45 AM
Eggs-actly! People should donate to support the server, not for valuable items to ruin the economy.
The point is that the people just donate for items...

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Recoil

Quote from: Wild on March 29, 2012, 01:14:41 PM
The point is that the people just donate for items...
Yes I know, and I do not support that whatsoever. It ruins the economy when people do that. I know it gets Ryan a lot of extra money this way, but it also ruins the game and in turn forces people to quit which means LESS DONATORS IN THE END. It's a chain reaction that kills itself.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Mia

TROLOLOLOLOL

Dug

I voted for the third option, because it's already added, i don't think it should be removed,,, as for the new items, do you people realize what's going to happen? As much as you think this will fix the economy, it won't at least not in the short run.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Kryptonite

I think you guys are missing the point. The reason this fucks up the economy is because the items they put into the donator shop are the ones that you could previously obtain in-game and were used as common currency, like bandos and stuff, and can now be bought with IRL money. If they added all items that you could ONLY get by donating, there wouldn't be a problem.

weed

Recoil

Quote from: Kryptonite on April 03, 2012, 07:33:50 AM
I think you guys are missing the point. The reason this fucks up the economy is because the items they put into the donator shop are the ones that you could previously obtain in-game and were used as common currency, like bandos and stuff, and can now be bought with IRL money. If they added all items that you could ONLY get by donating, there wouldn't be a problem.
Exactly, real life money has become the new currency. Dug when we said add new items, we meant replace the current items with less valuable items.
Dem digits

nate

pre-donator shop
supply
(barrows, rare)

demand
(high)

donator shop
supply
(barrows and donate, common)

demand
(low)

This is how it ruins the economy...... First, barrows released with new, strong items. These items were actually expensive and were bought

and sold frequently (currency). second, donator shop released same, strong items. these items dropped in price by at least half (not the

major problem). Now, considering 50% or more of worldscape are people with jobs that are willing to pay 10 dollars to get items easy,

anyone that wants to get an ags or bandos doesn't buy from people (currency). Then, the people who do not wish to spend their

allowance on a videogame try to buy these ags from people. Most of them will not get the item because they offer a price at which donator

items should now be set at, but are shut down because the people who donated refuse to believe that their money was wasted. now,

money is associated with items, making the items stay at a constant price, but in reality, the economy spirals down because there are now

two different prices set. one price for the buyers, and another for the sellers. no one gets what they want, so now the players who cant buy

an ags donate, bringing more items into the game. inflation much???

This is a serious post
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,12815.msg110452.html#msg110452

This is / isn't a serious post

Kryptonite

weed