News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Hunger Games (THE FIRST BOOK AND MOVIE)

Started by nate, March 24, 2012, 03:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what did/didnt you like?

Loved book
0 (0%)
Hated book
0 (0%)
Loved movie
1 (14.3%)
Hated movie
0 (0%)
Loved book and movie
6 (85.7%)
Hated book and movie
0 (0%)
Loved book, hated the movie
0 (0%)
Hated the book, loved the movie
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

nate

So i finished the first Hunger Games book in the theater during the previews before the movie started, and thought they were both amazing!!!!

There were alot of parallels to modern society, i.e. in the movie there was a lady with her hand on her face that reflected the famous picture below of the Great Depression (i don't know how i caught this, lol)

I thought the actors were great, except i didn't think Gale was dipicted very well. Josh Hutcherson (Peeta) was actually more appealing to the audience in the movie than the book, which i liked.

I was slightly upset that Thresh's (the black guy from district 11) big (and only) scene was toned down in the movie.

There were a lot of minor details missing in the movie, but they can't put everything in otherwise the movie would be way to long. You got to give them props for what they created though.

anyways, i HIGHLY recommend reading this book. (I have yet to read the second book, Catching Fire. once i do, i will make a review thread about it as well.)

great depression picture.

This is / isn't a serious post

freak m4n

I don't really like to read. I've seen the trailer of the movie. It's pretty awesome. Wanted to download it, but there was no file of it yet. :\
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

Chaoslancex

OMG I loved the book and the movie! I've read all 3 books long ago!

ratman3

Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

Recoil

One of my favorite books. I saw the previews of the movie and thought it looked really cheesy and had bad acting, but it turned out to rise to the occasion. That author has probably one of the best imaginations I've ever seen, next to J.K. Rowling.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

D E A T H

Quote from: Chaoslancex on March 25, 2012, 10:15:26 AM
Same with me!
Oscar You like to read? What's your favorite book?

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Chaoslancex

Quote from: D E A T H on March 25, 2012, 08:11:09 PM
Same with me!

haha i find that offensive and i love to read lmfao, fav book The Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix

and i think they should of cast someone else for Peeta since when i read the book, i imagine him taller then katniss and with long blonde hair haha and gale i guess he's alright but he did not get as many lines but never the less i loved the movie, and how they showed the Capital, and the Districts got it right on the money haha i can't wait for the next movies.. i want to see how they make her battle outfit and her bow haha and omfg how district 13 functions  underground?!?!?! I WANT TO SEE  how they capture all that omg i can't wait best book by far.

Mia

Quote from: Chaoslancex on March 26, 2012, 12:39:10 AM
Quote from: D E A T H on March 25, 2012, 08:11:09 PM
Same with me!

haha i find that offensive and i love to read lmfao, fav book The Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix

and i think they should of cast someone else for Peeta since when i read the book, i imagine him taller then katniss and with long blonde hair haha and gale i guess he's alright but he did not get as many lines but never the less i loved the movie, and how they showed the Capital, and the Districts got it right on the money haha i can't wait for the next movies.. i want to see how they make her battle outfit and her bow haha and omfg how district 13 functions  underground?!?!?! I WANT TO SEE  how they capture all that omg i can't wait best book by far.
I LOVE HUNGERGAMES TOO!  but gee, this is the most i've seen you talk in years o.o

Genuine

My brother watched the movie and he said it was good. I'm yet to watch it.

nate

please no one post any spoilers that might be in books 2 and 3, i am currently reading book 2. but im glad to see all the fans!!!

i liked peeta's actor but i thought gale was... eh. i didnt like the part when he was like "hey catnip" without providing any back story.

Recoil

Quote from: nate on March 26, 2012, 03:23:23 PM
please no one post any spoilers that might be in books 2 and 3, i am currently reading book 2. but im glad to see all the fans!!!

i liked peeta's actor but i thought gale was... eh. i didnt like the part when he was like "hey catnip" without providing any back story.
You'd think two would be a shit try-hard and unnecessary book (to be honest how most multi-series books go) but it was really fulfilling as well. I loved all three books, and (not trying to sound cocky as though "I was the first one so I'm a better person") But I actually read the books when they first came out and were a bit unknown. It kind of makes me mad how kids at my school are just now reading the Hunger Games and are being bandwagon and claim to "be in love with it" (not Referring to anyone here).

Anyways, let me know what you Think of it nate :)
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

honestly, i read mine not to long ago, but only because i heard it was so good. i put it off for a while tho after people had been telling me to read it because i was so lazy and didn't like to read. finally, i read it and its probably the best book ive ever read, and im working on the Catching Fire (but still have to make room for school.) ;D ;D ;D

Mia

I finished reading the books 3 months ago & i love it so much I got the audiobooks! :) 

Recoil

Bit late, but I saw the movie the other day. Loved it also.
Dem digits

nate

reading "Catching Fire" right now, on the 6th chapter  ;D ;D