News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Weird Windows startup...

Started by M I K E, March 08, 2011, 01:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M I K E

So, when i start Windows normally..

There quickly flashes some MS-DOS thningy and i see some pretty long code in it, its automatically closes so i cant really read it...

I have scanned my computer with Microsoft security essentials and nothing found..

Sad Panda

It's fine. My computer does the same exact thing. It's just start up scripts I guess.

Insomnom

Yeah, don't worry about it.
You may have changed some settings to show that instead of a spash screen.
'nd if not, it's still no big deal. Might just be that that part loads faster than the aesthetics. =P

It's what I prefer to see, actually.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Zack

Quote from: Mute on March 08, 2011, 04:30:04 PM
Does the computer automatically re-start? and is the flickering screen possibly blue?

If so you have a BSOD, and if it happens whilst booting up, it's possible it's an "unmountable boot drive" error.

He means something like this pops up when he starts windows, but instead of it being blank it's just filled with code.

Sad Panda

I don't think so.... I think he means the usually blank screen that shows before you login to your computer's account.

Zack

Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:39:29 PM
I don't think so.... I think he means the usually blank screen that shows before you login to your computer's account.

He said it 'closes' so a command prompt made the most sense when I read it.

Insomnom

This is why detailed first posts help. lulz.
Just wait for more information. He'll reply to us/whoever is right. xD
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Sad Panda

No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

M I K E

Insomnom

Sometimes that happens when programs are finishing installation after a reboot.
But you definitely shouldn't see it every time you start your computer.
You may have a program (that needs it, obviously) that runs in the background set to start every time your computer starts, which may be bringing it up.
Erm. |:
Try to get a screen shot of it?

I'm kinda tired, can't think straight and am not very smart.. so just know those definitely aren't the only things that could cause it. xD

Made by Pride.

M I K E

I can try to get a screenshot of it as soon as i have enough energy to start and close my computer many times :P

But could i turn it off from Msconfig or something?

Insomnom

If you know what program is causing it, sure. .-.
If you don't, but think it is a program you installed, I guess it's process of elimination time. Yaaaaayyyyyy.

Though, if you do figure it out and it's a program, it's better to use the Services tool to make services start up manually instead of automatically.
'cause msconfig is.. well, for troubleshooting. =P

Made by Pride.