News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

My Items.

Started by Genuine, March 22, 2012, 06:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil

Quote from: TROLOLOLOLOL on March 24, 2012, 08:14:44 AM
Kevin, I'm talking about when, on the very first day of release, when many people would go to funpk or something and die and lose their stuff. This was probably something you guys should have noticed in a year of testing this, when everyone else found it out on the day of release. And since you didn't, as long as people would have proof they had the items, why wouldn't you give them back? Don't you reckon that's a bit your guys' fault?
This is what I'm trying to say.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Dug

Kevin, I'm talking about when, on the very first day of release, when many people would go to funpk or something and die and lose their stuff. This was probably something you guys should have noticed in a year of testing this, when everyone else found it out on the day of release. And since you didn't, as long as people would have proof they had the items, why wouldn't you give them back? Don't you reckon that's a bit your guys' fault?
For all you know, this mini-game could have just been tested a week before the release. In blitz, there was a bug where you could farcast the chaos elemental from a certain area where it had gotten stuck. That was detected almost 1 month after the release of blitz. Does this somehow show the range of testing?
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Kevin

The Beta testers for Zombie Mini-Game were Ryan, Bill, Alex, Jose, Alex(Lucifur), and myself. We did extensive testing, and we fixed MANY bugs before the release of the Mini-Game. You guys expect us to release perfection every time, nothing will be perfect every-time. If you want to use RuneScape as an example, when they released Soul Wars, or Stealing Creation there was many smuggle bugs, and even a few years ago there was the dupe bug with coins, then you go a few years before that, there was a bug with the PVP Drop system, people introduced MANY items into the game that would be hard to get before that. We are not perfect, and we will never be perfect. No game has ever been perfect, and no game ever will be perfect.

Kryptonite, you say it's bad that we aren't giving items back. We had every intention on giving items back, but the first 3 or so people I asked what they lost told me the same thing, "Full Bandos, AGS, Sigil Dragon Boots". How are we supposed to return everyone's items when we don't know exactly what they lost. We are going to be adding a system to the logs that will tell us more about what items you guys have had in the past, rather then the present.

James

Who's fault it is isn't really important. When RuneScape does their maintenance and people get stuck at say, God Wars and lose their items, does JaGeX do anything?  Reason being is there are, as Kevin said, no logs to say who really lost what, and who really didn't lose anything.  As for being able to provide 'proof', what proof could you have of owning an item.  I could take a screenie of my bank with my gs's in it, put the godswords on another account, and say I lost them due to server lag/bug, but I could be lying.  Not saying you, or anyone else would, but with an already unstable economy there is no reason to release even more instability into it. 

A long time ago, when eon9 was around, no one who was killed by eon9 was returned their items.  Did it irritate people? Yes.  Was it the staff's fault? Somewhat, seeing as how it was Jeremy with a masked IP, but we had no idea at the time.  Things happen, bugs are always coming about, and there's really nothing anyone can do about it.  My advice would be to work hard and gain your items back, possibly keep your extremely valuables on a second rarely used account, and do not TRY to find bugs, or use bugs that are already known to exist and report them so they could be fixed right away.  Tons of research and coding go into fixing the simplest of bugs, and it's really hard to understand that unless you're the one actually coding the server.

That's just my view on it, take it as you will.

Yoho

QuoteIf you do lose items please do not demand for a refund because you will not be refunded your lost items.

The sooner you're familiar with this rule, the better. Over the years many players have lost their items due to glitches. :)

Recoil

Quote from: James on March 24, 2012, 06:10:39 PM
Who's fault it is isn't really important. When RuneScape does their maintenance and people get stuck at say, God Wars and lose their items, does JaGeX do anything?  Reason being is there are, as Kevin said, no logs to say who really lost what, and who really didn't lose anything.
Ok first of all, you can't compare WorldScape to RuneScape because there are so many more players on RuneScape. You think Jagex actually listens to a few people? Even a few HUNDRED people? Hell no. They only care about the community at large, and if it's a small percentage they really couldn't care less.

Quote from: James on March 24, 2012, 06:10:39 PM
As for being able to provide 'proof', what proof could you have of owning an item.  I could take a screenie of my bank with my gs's in it, put the godswords on another account, and say I lost them due to server lag/bug, but I could be lying.  Not saying you, or anyone else would, but with an already unstable economy there is no reason to release even more instability into it.
Faking a screenie or a video wouldn't be so easy if you showed the whole screen (including your username) now would it?

My main point is that if a bug shows up to half the population on the first day of the mini-game, then it would be pretty damn hard to miss it in beta-testing, even if it was tested for a few days, which it was said that this was worked on for a whole year.. I haven't personally lost any items. But would I be pissed? In this situation, yes, considering if they tested it for even 2 days say, before releasing it, they would've noticed it. If it was a bug picked up months later, it would be a whole different situation, and people would look at this as a simple flaw in a fun mini-game.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Yoho

They tested the mini-game, not the game itself. How would they know if you died out of the mini-game you'd lose your stuff?

Recoil

Quote from: Yoho on March 25, 2012, 02:09:28 PM
They tested the mini-game, not the game itself. How would they know if you died out of the mini-game you'd lose your stuff?
My point. They should've had a week or so period where they tested the game with the mini-game. Bugs don't only show up IN the new stuff you're making, you know what I mean? Add something and it triggers a bug somewhere else.
Dem digits

Yoho

They'll learn from their mistakes. Shall we leave it at that?  :)

Kevin

I'm locking this topic. It is completely ridicules. You guys are going to sit there and bash us that is not ok. We spent a long time and a lot of hard work on this Mini-Game, if you guys don't like it tuff luck. You don't know how long we beta tested it, you don't know how many bugs we fixed, we didn't throw together some crappy code from a winterlove server and call it a mini-game, a lot of work went into this mini-game. Ryan spent hours apon hours working on the Zombie AI, he spent a long time, converting code to work for the NPC/Player clipping, so it would give everyone a better experience in WorldScape. If you guys can't appreciate that, maybe we should just stop doing updates.