News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Donator Shop

Started by Kryptonite, March 13, 2012, 12:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

Okay. I understand that putting valuable items into the donator shop makes people want to donate more than if you didn't have a donator shop. That is common sense. But when it gets to the point when the majority of the things that the economy was based on you can get by donating... You completely ruin the economy.

If you guys remember, before donating for items, you could actually buy stuff with bandos, godswords, sara swords, etc. and you could get A LOT out of it. Now people are just like "lol donator items gtfo"

Hmm, not the end of the world, right? We can still pay with those valuable resources that take tons of hard work to get for and are in high demand, right? Like sharks? Ohhhhh, damn it. New update and my 135 fishing 30 + hours of no-lifing cooking and fishing 7k sharks has been made pointless because now, if people want sharks, they can just donate for huge mass amounts of them. Not to mention manta rays, which are better than sharks and you can't fish them. What a joy!

But wait, there's still herbs! We can still purchase things with herbs! Oh, damn it. Look at that. Instead of having to kill monsters and collect tons of herbs, we can simply donate a little for as many as we want! Yay!

Hmm, wait... So now what's left to use as a sort of currency, that hasn't been thrown into the donator shop? Well, very few things are left. There's mithril seeds, some logs, pure essence, XP lamps, and maybe a few other things. I wouldn't be shocked if those were soon added to the shop as well. This leaves us to only be able to actually buy something with rares. Almost like the old classic all over again!

Okay, so excuse my sarcasm in this, but I really feel strongly about this whole matter. I hate the way you're screwing up the economy like this. If you can simply donate for anything that takes hard work to get, then people figure it's not as valuable. I respect all the admins and developers and all, but do you guys see what you're doing here? Anybody else with me on this...?

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Jake

I backup everything that was said here. We really want to fix the economy? Start here.

Yoho

Herbs are in there for a dollar each, sharks are in there for 100 per dollar and mantas are in there for 50 per dollar.

Kevin

If you guys want to get rid of the donator shop put it up for vote. Majority vote wins, or we can remove all the valuable items and put different things in there.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Kevin on March 13, 2012, 02:43:59 AM
If you guys want to get rid of the donator shop put it up for vote. Majority vote wins, or we can remove all the valuable items and put different things in there.
I think you should go with the second one, that way people will still donate and the eco won't be screwed. I like that you put the elegant and stuff in there, because that wasn't really ruining the economy. I think you guys should do more stuff like that. Like, keep sigils, quest capes, and all that stuff you can ONLY get from donating. I'll make a poll topic about this to see what people think.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Mia

Why don't you just add good items in replacing the other items every 2 weeks?? that'll limit the items & you still get money.

Recoil

Kane, I love your sarcasm. I completely agree though.. Economy has become a joke.

Kevin, switching it to voters shop would be worse. More people would vote than donate, making the items less valuable. I say either remove a ton of donors items, or donate for like 10 mins of double XP.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Yoho

He means vote to have it removed, not switch it to voting.

nate

i love this!!! get rid of donator shop. i think ryan (not to be rude) has gotten a whole lot more money then he needs to run the server (not saying thats a bad thing, but thats what we donated for).

This is / isn't a serious post

Yoho

He lost around 250 dollars from W*addie.

Recoil

Quote from: Yoho on March 16, 2012, 12:38:10 PM
He has made faaar more than $250 from donators.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Kevin

Quote from: Recoil on March 16, 2012, 02:42:39 PM
Quote from: Yoho on March 16, 2012, 12:38:10 PM
He has made faaar more than $250 from donators.
Yes, but see. Now the G5 Running part of WorldScape crashed(which explains why the login server kept crashing) So now Ryan has to build a new computer, costing ~$300.

Wild

Quote from: Kevin on March 17, 2012, 06:33:50 AM
Yes, but see. Now the G5 Running part of WorldScape crashed(which explains why the login server kept crashing) So now Ryan has to build a new computer, costing ~$300.
I would love to donate but there is no way for me at this moment. :(

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

lucifur

i love the thought of putting new items in the donor shop but getting rid of it no way thats just stupid XD!

Recoil

Donate for double XP!!!
Dem digits