News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Report Abuse

Started by Kevin, March 10, 2012, 03:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Hello, today we have introduced the Report Abuse button onto WorldScape.

This means you can now report players in-game using the report abuse button.

You simply put in the players name and then you click a rule they broke, that will send the report to the staff's website and allow us to take action there. It will automatically post the last 60 seconds of both players logs so we will know what is going on, but we can always look further back in the logs and look past the report to see what happened.

Don't abuse this system. If you report players for every minor thing we will take action against YOUR account.
I will be also re-writing all the rules so keep an eye out for those changes in the next few days.

NOTE: It doesn't work on 508 just yet. It will really soon.

Recoil

This is extremely helpful and saves time.

Nice work.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Kevin

Quote from: Mute on March 10, 2012, 04:07:54 PM
So, what will happen to the forum-based report system?

It is going to remain there for the time being, but it will eventually be faded out to non existence.

I Merk

What about the players who make themselves invisible?

Kevin

Quote from: I Merk on March 10, 2012, 05:17:22 PM
What about the players who make themselves invisible?

Report them for bug abuse

I Merk

Oh, I wasn't sure if what they do comes up on their log.

Kryptonite

Say we actually need to report someone via forums like because of something that requires pictures or video. Do you have a solution for this?

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Kevin

It is still helpful when reporting someone via forums to provide evidence.

Kryptonite

I mean.. If you delete the report abuse section, how will we do this?

weed

Kevin

Quote from: Kryptonite on March 10, 2012, 06:24:57 PM
I mean.. If you delete the report abuse section, how will we do this?

We aren't going to remove it entirely, it will still be there. In the future we may make it a bit more private. I feel that you guys don't report a lot of people now because it is posted on the forums, it is quite obvious who reported you. Making it a bit more anonymous you guys will be giving us a bit more reports. We will most likely set something up that you can report people without having to make a post on the forums.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Kevin on March 10, 2012, 06:31:08 PM
We aren't going to remove it entirely, it will still be there. In the future we may make it a bit more private. I feel that you guys don't report a lot of people now because it is posted on the forums, it is quite obvious who reported you. Making it a bit more anonymous you guys will be giving us a bit more reports. We will most likely set something up that you can report people without having to make a post on the forums.
Great point :o

weed

Recoil

I like the idea of making it more anonymous. But why does it have to "fade" into that way? Can't you just make it happen all at once?
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Kevin

Quote from: Recoil on March 10, 2012, 08:03:01 PM
I like the idea of making it more anonymous. But why does it have to "fade" into that way? Can't you just make it happen all at once?

No, because not everyone reads the forums to find out the updates. Majority of the players don't know about the report abuse button. Most likely half will never know.

Recoil

Quote from: Kevin on March 10, 2012, 09:26:47 PM
No, because not everyone reads the forums to find out the updates. Majority of the players don't know about the report abuse button. Most likely half will never know.
Ah. Shame.
Dem digits

I Steal Cash

Thank you Wolf!