News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

screw 317

Started by nate, February 23, 2012, 11:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nate

There needs to be more 508 items, skills, areas, monsters, etc...

don't give me any of that "we are a 317 and 508 compatable rsps". people say that, but there is not even an option to download the 317 client on this wesite.

nobody can make the excuse that we cant have 508 stuff because they also have to work on 317, we have lunar spells that only work on 508. we have duel, map data, and skills that only work on 317...

1st we need to fix everything that doesn't work in 508 that works in 317, then we need to add 508 items. i love playing 308, but new stuff needs to happen to gain new players

This is / isn't a serious post

Kevin

Quote from: nate on February 23, 2012, 11:43:12 PM
don't give me any of that "we are a 317 and 508 compatable rsps"
WorldScape is the FIRST and ONLY Multi-Version RSPS that has ever been made, we are also the first and only to go public.

there is not even an option to download the 317 client on this wesite.

http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,12479.0.html

nobody can make the excuse that we cant have 508 stuff because they also have to work on 317, we have lunar spells that only work on 508. we have duel, map data, and skills that only work on 317.

508 is still a Beta. These things don't just get done over-night. WorldScape was coded by Ryan, it isn't like there is a tutorial Ryan can follow, he has to write all the code from scratch. We can add more items. We've talked about adding more items. It is just a lot of work that we cannot do right now. We also can add Lunars and 508 maps to the 317, but we aren't going to do that, it takes too long and it has very little effect.

1st we need to fix everything that doesn't work in 508 that works in 317, then we need to add 508 items. i love playing 308, but new stuff needs to happen to gain new players
We only have 1 coder for WorldScape, and it's Ryan. He is very busy with things he is doing IRL. You've got to cut him some slack. He worked for 4+ years on this game engine. He's been hosting WorldScape 24/7 since February 2007. We do plan on fixing everything on 508, there was a lot more problems with it before hand, before it actually went "Beta". We worked long and hard finding bugs and fixing them before it was released to make it playable. Having code do 2 different things based on your client version isn't exactly a walk in the park, and it's going to be a lot harder and take a lot longer for WorldScape to pump out updates due to us having to test it on 2 client versions.

We can't make everyone happy, but we sure as hell try.

nate

i thought you coded along with bill?

Kevin

Quote from: nate on February 24, 2012, 12:12:13 AM
i thought you coded along with bill?

Bill and I both code, but we can't code WorldScape. It is a different coding "style" as I will call it. Ryan is working on making it a lot easier so Bill and Myself can start coding things and release updates to WorldScape ourselves.

nate

oh ok. Then get on him bout that!  ;D ;D ;D

Recoil

I HIGHLY disagree with you Nate, you can't just make it solely 508 cause you want it to. WS fits everyones needs in graphics. Many people prefer 317, including me. This is a very unnecessary topic.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

you will still be free to play 317, but you wont have all the features (venge is already an element)