News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

More Active Mods!!!!!!!! please!!!!

Started by nate, February 14, 2012, 08:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

more active mods?

more mods
more active
i like it the way it is.

nate

I am just really frustrated because the only "activity" mods do is on the forums (forum mods not included in this  ;D). In no possible way am i asking to become a mod. I have made to many mistakes in my worldscape carrier. I just think that we need more mods because i have not seen a mod on for the past month (i know that they may be at school, so they have an excuse. I personally think the mods we have are great, just busy). And please people, don't post "mod wanna be". This only shows that you can't read. (that was explained earlier in the message). ;)

This is / isn't a serious post

drakedriller

i agree with this i think staff member are not active enough in this game. I hope this message gets heard and listened to carefully  ;D

regard drakedriller

Recoil

Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Chaoslancex

i have to disagree with this statement presented by Nate, do to the following.

I For a Fact log on everyday. maybe for an hour or more but i log on and always check the chat logs for trouble makers. and for the rest of the moderators i have to say.. that it's not true for most of them. Kevin i'd say is the most active Admin we have. and sure you might not see some of the other mods like dug or Kyle, cause they have a life, and live in a different time zones. but they get on i know that for a fact. for example im on right now.

anyhow your post to me is an insult but that's just me, oh one more thing it does scream "i'm always on please make me mod" that's what i get from your post

nate

honestly chaoslancex, i am not trying to be offensive through this post and in no way trying to make enemies. But when you say that other moderators have lifes, that is only strengthening my position on the fact that we need more moderators. I am aware that you get on frequently, but you are only one of the 4 mods (i think) of worldscape.

Quote from: Chaoslancex on February 14, 2012, 09:54:15 PM
anyhow your post to me is an insult but that's just me, oh one more thing it does scream "i'm always on please make me mod" that's what i get from your post

Honestly, i thought of several ways to approach a "safe" way to post my concerns. And (again) in no way trying to make enemies with you, i already emphesized that i do not fit the role of a mod (reguardless of how active i am) because of my decisions made. If i was givin the chance, i would be more than happy to become a player moderator, but i do not think that i will ever be asked to be one no matter what i do.

The problem with this server (not saying it cannot be fixed) is that any givin idea or chance to help income of population is shut down because they feel that the originator of the idea is only trying to take advantage of others. I am just trying to make worldscape better, and i have player experience to know that other people (also many posts on forums by others) complained about the inactivity of players, moderators, admin, and owner. (I understand that people get busy, But some things just need to be said.)

nate

Quote from: Program on February 14, 2012, 11:52:21 PM
The fact that you emphasised that you're not asking to be a mod kind of derails your entire post. If you don't want to draw attention to the fact that you'd like to be mod, then don't even mention it at all.

Anyway, none of the staff members would have their positions if they didn't earn it, and they wouldn't be kept around if the higher ups thought they were slacking. Unless there are major problems with rule breakers in game, I don't think anything needs to be changed. The small problems that are present are dealt with quick enough through the report section.

So, my question to you is: Why do you want more active moderators anyway? From what I've seen, things seem to be going fine.

@ first part, i thought this through. Because of previous posts i've posted or seen posts about asking questions about moderator stuff or requesting extremes, i have been aware that people view everything as asking for mod title. Everyone will have different viewpoints, and mine was to state that i am am not requesting for it.
@ second part, i know they earned it, and i think they are all doing great jobs. I just think more active (not replacing the current) mods should be added. I am also aware that it is difficult to pick player moderators due to the ammount of acting done by players just to earn the title.
@ third part, it is encouraging to see moderators more interactive, and people are less likely to complain (like me ;)). Things are actually going great, i just think things could be better.

Wild

well, i barely see a mod at my time zone.
But there are probably mods on at american time zones?

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Yoho

The only time we need a mod online is when there are rule breakers, which there isn't a lot of.

gomes97

dug is much times online
oscar: much times online
jake: always online.
omri: marine
kevin always on the forum
kyle: idk but if he is back he is always online and a great mod
thats enough for me :D
remember this people have a normal live to.
the most are like 18.
and doing exam.
why needs to mods come online,
if there is nobody online

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

Recoil

Woahh, people are getting way too defensive. When Nate says that he is NOT trying to be a mod, then you're COMPLETELY derailing the topic if you call him a wannabe. Here's how I look at it: I've been on WS at many times of day. Sometimes between midnight and 6am, other times during all times of day. Since 2012, I have NEVER seen more than 2 staff on. The only daily person I see on is Oscar. Kevin is on once every few weeks, and Dugis on a little bit.

Mute and Program, this may just be our difference of timezones, but in my entire 2 years of playing I've seen neither of you on once.. So how do you know if mods are active? And yes, I see rules being broken everyday, I report most of them, yet everything can't be reported.

The most important thing to remember is we want more active mods not to become one or to hate, but simply because we want the best atmosphere possible.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

Recoil

Quote from: Mute on February 15, 2012, 07:08:47 PM
I am always on the forums, and so is program, hence why we have past-lives of being forum moderators, not in-game mods.

I am usually here every day. And I usually check here 3+ times a day too. And that hasn't changed since I lost my position.
Wasn't denying that, I meant in-game. You gotta play to know how the game is. Just sayin', no disrespect.
Dem digits

nate

im not talking about forum moderators. ingame mods.

Kryptonite

Why don't people seem to appreciate forum moderators as much? We need them just as much as player moderators.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

nate

Quote from: Kryptonite on February 15, 2012, 07:12:49 PM
Why don't people seem to appreciate forum moderators as much? We need them just as much as player moderators.

getting off topic here.... this is NOT about forum moderators. i think they do their job well and i am not complaining about them.