News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

classic pk

Started by drakedriller, January 25, 2012, 07:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

would you rather have classic pk back or just pking as is???

yes
either way is fine with me
no

toxicrick

i want the old pking back! please kevin or be cool ant make 2 worlds one whit old pking ant one whit pking from now??? please kevin get the old pking back.......
wen u do thet then i love u!
but i do now too but wen u do it i love u muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more.

- my life is my style!
- like pking!

Kryptonite

Old PKing: Someone with 110 in all stats wearing no armor on could beat someone with all 135 stats wearing the best armor.

New PKing: Actually requires you to train some stats and risk something. Much more fair in my opinion.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Grievous

Quote from: Kryptonite on January 28, 2012, 02:20:22 PM
Old PKing: Someone with 110 in all stats wearing no armor on could beat someone with all 135 stats wearing the best armor.

New PKing: Actually requires you to train some stats and risk something. Much more fair in my opinion.

You obviously didn't play in 08 mate. Stats did matter, trust me.

Yoho

Stats didn't take a massive part in Pking, you only had to have 125 strength. It was if you could food glitch people which took a major part in it, and Ryan has already said adding the food glitch would lag the server.  :-\

I Merk

It was possible to beat someone with no gear, I used to do it.

Kevin

@gomes97 Your picture didn't help prove your point at all. Lol

In 2010 we had more topics being made, but in 2011 we had a lot more posts.

@Grievous For your post on the last page, we actually had fixed the food glitch so you couldn't eat at 0hp and live. After we switched to the Blitz game engine there was was no glitched whip. The whip was programmed exactly like RuneScape was and all Ryan had to do was remove the defence.
With the Whip/Dds hitting so high, what do you think would happen if you were level 135 hitting on someone with 1 defence? Your hits would more then likely be high every single time.

Quote from: Kevin on January 28, 2012, 06:06:16 AM
Back on topic.

If the Classic pking were to return, how should we do it? Since there are different things now.

I asked how we can do it, because no matter what we do at this point people are going to be mad.
We have the people who absolutely love this new pking, it helped the WorldScape economy, it made pking harder, it made pking actually worth pking, you lost stuff worth value if you died, you earned stuff worth value if you killed someone.

So, how can we bring back old wilderness in a way that makes everyone happy?

Kryptonite

Quote from: Grievous on January 28, 2012, 03:09:48 PM
Quote from: Kryptonite on January 28, 2012, 02:20:22 PM

You obviously didn't play in 08 mate. Stats did matter, trust me.
I played it enough. That might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. This PKing is much more fair.

@Kevin since he posted right before me: To make everyone happy just leave the wildy the way it is. People will get used to it and if you guys kept changing things people would get annoyed.

weed

Yoho

You don't change it, if they are so called "Pkers", they should learn to adapt. Jagex has changed PVP more times than Worldscape and the players are still happy.

Grievous

Quote from: Yoho on January 28, 2012, 03:54:49 PM
You don't change it, if they are so called "Pkers", they should learn to adapt. Jagex has changed PVP more times than Worldscape and the players are still happy.

Ahh, Runescape is a good example of what I think Worldscape has turned into. Do you think the players that pked in 07 would want that back, instead of 12? I think every does. I'd say that Runescape's was in it's prime in late 06-07. The pking was great! Jagex added updates that were dumb, and rather unessecary to the game imo. The new players would obviously say the enjoyed the new pking better, because they didn't play when the old pking was there. I'm very sure that 80%+ of every Runescape player that played in 07 would want it back. The difference between Runescape, and Worldscape, is that here we are like a family, a small community. We can code the game however we want. Runescape is never going to "reset" back in 07. But we can. I know that many people like the new pking, therefor, an update making both parts happy would be really cool. Maybe keep the 317 server the way it was back in 08-09, and keep the 508 the way it is? We'd have to make seperate worlds though. Also, I don't understand why you, Kryptonite, are fighting for the old classic pking not to return? I've never seen you in-game, and trust me, I play this game a lot. There are maybe 2-3 guys in the wildy when it's "active". I know for a fact we lost many, many old school players because the new pking came out. It's based on luck, and stats. No skill, whatsoever. I hope the old pking returns, a long with some old school players.

I haven't bothered checking throught spelling errors and shit. So if a sentence doesn't make sence, ignore it. :3

Yoho

I heard most of the old school players have got a "Life", whatever that is. I don't think Ryan is in a financial position to run 2 worlds after that W*ddie incident.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Grievous on January 28, 2012, 04:38:15 PM
Also, I don't understand why you, Kryptonite, are fighting for the old classic pking not to return? I've never seen you in-game, and trust me, I play this game a lot. There are maybe 2-3 guys in the wildy when it's "active".

Obviously cause I don't want it back...? And I've been busy recently. The fact that I haven't been on recently has nothing to do with anything... Honestly, your paragraph of a reply barely focused on how the old PKing would be better, or any sort of solution to this matter.

Oscar was one of the biggest pkers in old PKing and he even said he likes the new PKing more. This is true with some other people more. I really think you should leave the PKing how it is. WorldScape is a growing community. If new people never joined, then I'd say bring back the old PKing to get the players who quit back into the game. However, if you did that now, the newer players who PK now could get mad and quit, and not all of the old players would return. But since new people join every day and are likely more familiar with this type of PKing, there's not really a reason to change it back. They'll be used to this already and if you suddenly revert back to the old crappy style, the new players would get really confused.

Basically, in case you haven't noticed, people do NOT like change. If you just leave things how it is, everything will be fine and old players will adapt.

weed

gomes97

kevin i only wanna see more people play worldscape  more topics and more posts in the old pking days.
i think if you bring it back you get more members back and more new members thats my point.
in 2010 remeber every body recorver his account

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

Grievous

Quote from: Kryptonite on January 29, 2012, 01:24:20 AM
Quote from: Grievous on January 28, 2012, 04:38:15 PM
Also, I don't understand why you, Kryptonite, are fighting for the old classic pking not to return? I've never seen you in-game, and trust me, I play this game a lot. There are maybe 2-3 guys in the wildy when it's "active".

Obviously cause I don't want it back...? And I've been busy recently. The fact that I haven't been on recently has nothing to do with anything... Honestly, your paragraph of a reply barely focused on how the old PKing would be better, or any sort of solution to this matter.

Oscar was one of the biggest pkers in old PKing and he even said he likes the new PKing more. This is true with some other people more. I really think you should leave the PKing how it is. WorldScape is a growing community. If new people never joined, then I'd say bring back the old PKing to get the players who quit back into the game. However, if you did that now, the newer players who PK now could get mad and quit, and not all of the old players would return. But since new people join every day and are likely more familiar with this type of PKing, there's not really a reason to change it back. They'll be used to this already and if you suddenly revert back to the old crappy style, the new players would get really confused.

Basically, in case you haven't noticed, people do NOT like change. If you just leave things how it is, everything will be fine and old players will adapt.

Are you kidding me? Pking is more dead that it ever has been. You seem to think there are 5, 10, 20+ people in the wildy, most of them being "new players". That's not the case, at all. Log on someday, and go check ::wildy yourself.

There wouldn't be a massive difference, it's not like the new players will quit, and even if they do, I believe old players would take their spot.

Yoho

Pking has been dead for a long time. We need a new clan, with people who fight, not just people who join just because it's the new thing.

gomes97

i dont like i always hit 0 and the most what  i dont like is you dont need to be pro to kill a very good pker.
because veng and specail in the old times you need to be pro to kill an pro pker now you can have luck. 
and i im agreed which yoho. there are in no new pkers and members.

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner