News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

more interactive npc's & quests

Started by scinith, May 26, 2008, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scinith

it would be could if more of the boring shops and stuff would be around just for items like... buckets and spades. i know the general store has it but still.... and quests. i'm thinking that it would be very hard to do this because you would have to make alot more things interactive but if you had the time it'd be a very brilliant idea  ;)
The world can only spin until the last idea has been purchased...

Ry60003333

Yea, I'm trying to make an advanced system in Blitz that would allow us to do anything when a player does something. Like an event-trigger system kind of. Like you click an option on an NPC, and we can put in code that the server executes, so we can make that option do anything we please.  ;)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

scinith

lol here's the visual basic code for that

if user mouseclick() npc then
    npc action()
         end if

lol

Ry60003333

Quote from: scinith on May 27, 2008, 12:44:09 AM
lol here's the visual basic code for that

if user mouseclick() npc then
    npc action()
         end if

lol
Blitz uses Python for server-side scripting, really Jython for the implementation. Jython is a Python implementation in Java, which allows the scrips to access the actual server code. Thats what allows us to do anything with it.  :D
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

scinith

i know lol but im rusty at java haha visual basic is very simple thats why i used it haha