News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Donating.

Started by Genuine, November 25, 2011, 05:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genuine

Recently, I've noticed people donating for items and rares.
This isn't right.
I'm completely against the fact that you donate for items. If you donate, you shouldn't get items, it defeats the purpose of 'Donating'.
You should change it to a shop atleast.

Joker

Kryptonite

Yeah. This has completely changed the way people view BARROWS items. They're barrows items shouldn't be donor items imo.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

ratman3

I agree 100% with this.

The main purpose of donating is to help assist the server, not just to get an AGS the easy way. It defeats the purpose of donating, if you get items.
Sure, Barrows is becoming semi-obsolete if you can get the items after 5 minutes, compared to grinding hours at barrows, which is how I got my items; yet to me, I'd rather get my items the hard way, then just get it by donating.

Yet on the flip side, Donating allowed for the server was able to be put back onto a VPS, which has helped everybody.  The items served as an incentive for people to contribute to Worldscape, and weren't meant to be the main focus of donating. 
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

Kryptonite

The only problem is not as many people would donate if they didn't get anything out of it, which is extremely sad.

weed

nate

Quote from: Kryptonite on November 25, 2011, 09:01:22 PM
The only problem is not as many people would donate if they didn't get anything out of it, which is extremely sad.

thats the reason i disagree with this 100%

This is / isn't a serious post

Wild

If you dont get items for donating, nobody would donate.
Keep it as it is.

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Genuine

Maybe a change ? Worldscape Shop ? You can buy items with Real Money.

D E A T H

Quote from: Australiaman on November 26, 2011, 05:05:24 AM
TRUST ME!
You do not want this my bro plays another RSPS like this and it's like pretty much stealing money in my opinion.
The guy that owns the server he plays sells super donor for like $50! And there is also another donor rank that come with items for like $75!That's a TON of money for nothing. I mean like all your buying for real money is pixels! When for all the money you spend on pixels you could of donated to a charity or save up for college or anything for your life. So I would see this as a scam.  :-\

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Kryptonite

Quote from: D E A T H on November 26, 2011, 01:11:10 PM
TRUST ME!
You do not want this my bro plays another RSPS like this and it's like pretty much stealing money in my opinion.
The guy that owns the server he plays sells super donor for like $50! And there is also another donor rank that come with items for like $75!That's a TON of money for nothing. I mean like all your buying for real money is pixels! When for all the money you spend on pixels you could of donated to a charity or save up for college or anything for your life. So I would see this as a scam.  :-\

It's that way with any amount of money, not just high amounts. The fact that you're not spending as much doesn't mean you're not still buying pixels.

weed

Kevin

The Donator Shop is a Donator benefit shop. We can make a Shop and sell the items that are in there, but not for real life money. That is illegal. We would get shut down faster then you can even imagine. Since we are using a cache made by Jagex then selling items within the cache is stealing, WorldScape would be shut down and could be facing legal actions.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Kevin on November 26, 2011, 02:13:54 PM

The Donator Shop is a Donator benefit shop. We can make a Shop and sell the items that are in there, but not for real life money. That is illegal. We would get shut down faster then you can even imagine. Since we are using a cache made by Jagex then selling items within the cache is stealing, WorldScape would be shut down and could be facing legal actions.

Wait, don't you already give bandos/sigils for a certain amount of cash?

weed

Kevin

All the items in the shop cost about the same. We give you guys the choice to take the shards, you do not need to take them if you don't want.

People are complaining about this shop. This shop is paying for the VPS, and will continue paying for the VPS for months. It used to come out of Ryans pocket. It also enabled us to pay for the domain names, and maintain them.

Kryptonite

I think it's mainly the items IN the shop people are worried about (the ones you get from barrows).

weed

Xx Wildy Xx

i used a marster card to donate and it woulden't let me :(