News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Mining Guide

Started by Kryptonite, October 11, 2011, 07:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

Hellooo everyone. This guide here is a detailed guide to mining which can hopefully help you achieve whatever level you want in mining. I hope you enjoy my guide!

Basics/Overview

Hopefully you know the basics of mining from past experiences or whatever, but in case not, I'll save you the trouble by telling you them right here! And yes, these are perhaps the most obvious things ever, but hey...

First off, mining is a skilling stat, meaning it does not train your combat level. Hopefully you at least know that lol... Mining is trained by retrieving ores from various rocks around the map using a pickaxe. This is a simple yet somewhat tedious skill to train. It will require a bit of patience and a decent attention span if you wish to train this at an efficient rate, especially over prolonged periods of time.

To get a pickaxe, there is a bronze one (Requires 1 mining) that spawns at ::iron, and you can buy a rune one (I think requires 41 mining) from ::theshop for 32,800 coins.

TRAINING

*Detailed information about all of the rocks can be found near the end of the guide

Level 1 - 15

For these levels, mine copper and tin rocks, as they are really the only rocks you can mine at this low of a level. It shouldn't take long AT ALL to reach level 15.

Level 15 - 30

For levels 15 - 30, you should mine iron ore, as it is great experience at these levels and doesn't take long to get to 30. Do not bother trying to find any silver rocks, because it just turns out to be a waste of time.

Level 30 - (40) 55

At level 30 - 55, you can mine coal. These mine at about the speed of iron, but do take longer to respawn. I would recommend mining all of the coal at ::iron2, then while waiting for it to respawn mine iron ore so you won't be left getting no exp, although you might not have this problem because coal respawns rather quickly. You could also just continue to mine iron if you like.

Gold is unlocked at level 40, but due to its unavailability and little more experience than coal or iron, I wouldn't recommend bothering with it.

Level 55 - (135) 70

Level 55 unlocks the ability to mine mithril, which I believe is one of the best ores to train mining with. If you want, you can mine these until you reach level 70, or keep going with mithril until you reach level 135, which I would recommend doing.

Level 70 - 85

At level 70, you can mine adamantite. This only gives about 3k more experience than mithril and has about double the respawn time. They are also very limited, so I wouldn't recommend mining them, but you can if you want to.

Level 85+

At level 85, you unlock the last ore you can mine, which is runite. I personally think this is the worst to train on because there is an extremely low amount of them and they take an extremely long time to respawn. Although, they do give about 10k more exp than mithril rocks, so a good strategy might be to mine all of the runite rocks when they spawn, then go back to mining mithril.

The 'best' way to get 135?

I would honestly recommend that you mine mithril because there is a huge abundance of it and it mines fairly quickly, as well as gives decent experience. Also, every 25 minutes or so, check up on the runite ore spawns to see if there are any at the rocks for a little bit more experience. Although this may seem like a good idea, if you're focused on getting as much experience as you possibly can in a specified time period, I would just skip doing this because mining 2 runite rocks is about the equivalent of mining 3 mithril rocks, and takes considerably longer to get to the runite spawns and actually mine the rocks.

Detailed Rock Overview

Tin Ore and Copper Ore

Available to mine at level 1 mining.
Gives 4,375 experience each.
Takes 3 - 5 seconds to refill per rock.
Mines almost instantly.
Recommended spots:
::iron (6 rocks of tin, 9 rocks of copper)

Iron Ore

Available to mine at level 15 mining.
Gives 8,750 experience each.
Takes about 10 seconds to respawn.
Mines almost instantly.
Recommended spots:
::iron (4 rocks)
::iron2 (11 rocks)
::wildymine (13 rocks)

Coal:

Available to mine at level 30 mining.
Gives 12,500 experience each.
Takes about 60 seconds to respawn.
Mines in a few seconds.
Recommended spots:
::iron2 (13 rocks)
::wildymine (29 rocks)

Mithril ore:

Available to mine at level 55 mining.
Gives 20,000 experience each.
Takes about 3 - 3 and a half minutes to refill.
Takes a few seconds to mine.
Recommended spots:
::wildymine (19 rocks)
Crador Island (::tele 2820 3244) (7 rocks)

Adamantite Ore:

Available to mine at level 70.
Gives 23,750 experience each.
Takes about 7 - 8 minutes to refill.
Takes about 5 - 15 seconds to mine one usually.
Recommended places:
::wildymine (6 rocks)

Runite Ore:

Available to mine at level 85.
Gives 31,250 experience each.
Takes up to 25 minutes to respawn!!
Takes a little bit to mine an ore.
Recommended places: (Please tell me coords to any others you know so I can add them)
Deep wilderness (::tele 3060, 3886) (2 rocks)
Heros Guild Mine (::tele 2937, 9883) (2 rocks)
Lava Maze Dungeon (::tele 3047, 10265) (1 rock)

Well guys, I hope you enjoyed my guide and hopefully it helped you a bit. I would love it if you guys also let me know about any other mining spots (esp. runite) or other useful information you know so I can add to this). I also do not own any of these pictures. They were all found using Google images.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

freak m4n

Don't forget the Mining Guild and the Falador Mining Cave. :)
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

Kryptonite

Oh for coal, right. I left that out for mithril because there wasn't enough there to effectively train.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Free Legend

Beautiful guide, good work!

Sean

I like this guide, a lot.