News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

A mile a day!

Started by D E A T H, September 15, 2011, 08:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D E A T H

So I've been running a lot lately a mile. To lose weight. :) and i get some really bad cramps anybody know some good tips than make you not get cramps or get rid of them fast?

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Sora

You should stretch your legs muscles, perhaps do some yoga maybe. What you can also do is put your foot back and lean foward, and that will stretch the muscles in your leg. If I were you, I would go to like a YMCA and go on the treadmill and run on there so when you get tired, you can take breaks and get water, etc. Just a suggestion.  :P

Desolate

Drink lots of fluids to stop cramping, and stretch before and after.  :)

Jake

The BEST way to prevent cramps is to keep your fluids up and, if you can, go for a swim. Swimming released the lactic acids that build up to make you cramp. If you do this regularly you'll stop cramping.

I've studied things like this since i was 10. I've also played a high levels in sporting so I'd pretty much need to know this.

Good luck and let us know how you go :)

M I K E

Drink a little before going, and dont eat before you go..also do some stretching and warm up, you could walk first and then run..and remember to breath

Summoning

Take a little drink bottle with you, and when you drink it don't swallow the water. Give your mouth some wetness and spit the water out because drinking and running gives you a stitch, you can have a tiny sip of water though.

Please check my Goals thread which is located here.