News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Improving the voting system.

Started by Joker, August 25, 2011, 06:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker

Well this suggestion is about improving the voting process by giving items to players who vote for a certain times of votes..Like 50 = A nice item?
Like any other system in servers who want to have some new players.

M I K E

Kevin

Explain a way we can make it so people can't cheat the system.

Jake

Quote from: Kevin on August 25, 2011, 05:37:49 PM
Explain a way we can make it so people can't cheat the system.
Exactly what Kevin said. There is limited to none chances of getting around this.

Although, I do think it's a good idea and it would be cool to have in place.

Joker

Jake

Quote from: Program on August 25, 2011, 06:38:44 PM
There is no way to prevent cheating the system. However, you could do it like this: every 50, 100, or however many votes you get, every player gets a prize. Then people will encourage each other to vote.
That would work allot better, Seeing as it's not the individual who gets the prize.

It wouldn't make the item special though, If everyone got it. Perhaps an event?

-50 Votes = Npc madness.
-100 Votes = Double Drop Rate Day.
-1000 Votes = Double Xp Weekend.

8)

Jake

Quote from: Program on August 26, 2011, 03:06:40 AM
Yeah that would make sense.
I wasn't thinking of a new item, I was kind of thinking along the lines of reward tokens or something. I like the event ideas better, though.
It's still kinda unfair for the people who do vote 5+ times a day, Seeing as that do all the hard work and they get the reward everyone else gets.

Joker

Quote from: Terror on August 26, 2011, 02:08:34 AM
Quote from: Program on August 25, 2011, 06:38:44 PM
There is no way to prevent cheating the system. However, you could do it like this: every 50, 100, or however many votes you get, every player gets a prize. Then people will encourage each other to vote.
That would work allot better, Seeing as it's not the individual who gets the prize.

It wouldn't make the item special though, If everyone got it. Perhaps an event?

-50 Votes = Npc madness.
-100 Votes = Double Drop Rate Day.
-1000 Votes = Double Xp Weekend.

8)
How about If you go 100 votes the Tokens in camp rate is doubled and 1000 vote equals more chance to get more nice stuff at barrows.

Kevin

Why not every 100 votes we make a new Npc for NPC Mania that drops special items only obtained during that time. MAYBE every 1,000 votes we can do a BONUS xp DAY not double xp, and not a weekend. That was also a MAYBE!!! Lol, some things I say get twisted around. I promise nothing :D

Joker

Quote from: Kevin on August 26, 2011, 07:38:47 AM
Why not every 100 votes we make a new Npc for NPC Mania that drops special items only obtained during that time. MAYBE every 1,000 votes we can do a BONUS xp DAY not double xp, and not a weekend. That was also a MAYBE!!! Lol, some things I say get twisted around. I promise nothing :D
You mean my suggestion will be applied or not?
I mean..It can be coded or done?

Jake

Well it's a suggestion. Kevin can't just apply it here and now, He'll need to address it to Ryan.

Joker

Yea I know..I did this suggestion because I realised that the redirects to the Vote thread is very low..Compared to other stuff.

Jake

Quote from: Joker_ on August 26, 2011, 08:12:21 AM
Yea I know..I did this suggestion because I realised that the redirects to the Vote thread is very low..Compared to other stuff.
Yeah, It's still kinda new. There are more Votes then redirects by the way.

gomes97

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

D E A T H

I can show you guys way in which another server does it's voting and what kind of rewards you can get. plus it blocks your IP address from voting again so you cannot abuse the voting. I WILL TRY TO LEAVE OUT ALL NAMES OF THE SERVER! I am not trying to advertise the server with the voting system I am talking about i am trying to help worldScape.

So does any of the staff approve of this?  ???

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?