News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

This is why we quitted rs.

Started by Joker, August 22, 2011, 03:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker

I think that everyone agrees with me.

Jake

You could see this coming. Runescape can't be a ever expanding world, Like Minecraft.

Runescape has been long dead, In my opinion.

Kevin

I highly agree. It was also posted as my Skype Status :D

Yoho

Bots were never a problem when I quit RS, but I can see the frustration this brings. 

Joker

Quote from: Yoho on August 22, 2011, 04:09:24 AM
Bots were never a problem when I quit RS, but I can see the frustration this brings. 
So what was the reason you quited? or you didn't?

Yoho

Just came to Worldscape and thought, "Hey, this game is well better then RS".

Dug

Quote from: Yoho on August 22, 2011, 04:19:29 AM
Just came to Worldscape and thought, "Hey, this game is well better then RS".
"Like"
P.s That's just how it is.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

M I K E

Dont worry, they will find a solution to stop all bots and the spammers.

Kevin

Quote from: M I K E on August 22, 2011, 02:03:45 PM

No they wont.

They make money no matter what. Why would they kill off 40,000 players a day to make the legit 60,000 players happy. That's practically half their money being tossed in the trash in a day. That's why they keep feeding into them. They are destroying their own game over greed.

ratman3

Quote from: Kevin on August 22, 2011, 03:30:50 PM

No they wont.

They make money no matter what. Why would they kill off 40,000 players a day to make the legit 60,000 players happy. That's practically half their money being tossed in the trash in a day. That's why they keep feeding into them. They are destroying their own game over greed.

+1 Respect for that.

I started playing RS in 2004, and the gold-money exchange was beggining to take place.  Instead of dealing with several law suits, Jagex just shut down free trade, which made hundreds of thousands of players very angry.  Then, they said that "We have developed a new way to get rid of bots and market exchanges, so we're creating a referendum".  It sounded too good to be true, and it was approved, and free trade came back, as well as botting, hacking, and of course, the gold exchange.  There are now tons of people, that only play the game just to get rich, instead of having fun.  So while I'm still playing legit, and slowly getting money, people just pay $10 dollars for some person to do it for them.  It's beyond pitiful.  This is also one of the reasons that I continuously come back to Worldscape.  WS is based on what Runescape Great, unlike the other RSPS' that try to keep up with Jagex's frivilous updates.   
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

lollol

Well Thats Not Completly Why I Quitted Runescape Actually, I Quitted Runescape For The Rubbish Way The F2P Is Being Treated In, No Good Items (The Best Item Is Rune So Yeah) And It Takes Years To Get Money, So Yeah, Who Would Like To Play A Game That Is Owned By Some Greedy Jerks Who Don't Care About Their New Players, When I See A New Player Turns Into Botting Or Just Quiting Runescape, I Can't Really Blame Him Because He Cant Level Probably Cause Of The damn Bots.
Quote from: Yoho on May 26, 2011, 12:06:29 PM
"Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind"

(Just for the lulz :D)

96% of people won't stand up for God
Put this in your Sig if you are one of the 4% who will"
‎/\/\ /-\ Z E /\/

Jake

Quote from: lollol on August 24, 2011, 10:09:37 PM
Well Thats Not Completly Why I Quitted Runescape Actually, I Quitted Runescape For The Rubbish Way The F2P Is Being Treated In, No Good Items (The Best Item Is Rune So Yeah) And It Takes Years To Get Money, So Yeah, Who Would Like To Play A Game That Is Owned By Some Greedy Jerks Who Don't Care About Their New Players, When I See A New Player Turns Into Botting Or Just Quiting Runescape, I Can't Really Blame Him Because He Cant Level Probably Cause Of The damn Bots.
F2P is considered a Demo, If you will. If they didn't have Membership Runescape would be poor.

Joker

Quote from: Terror on August 25, 2011, 01:47:12 AM
Quote from: lollol on August 24, 2011, 10:09:37 PM
F2P is considered a Demo, If you will. If they didn't have Membership Runescape would be poor.
Put everyone can't afford the 10$ donation crap.

Sean

Well unfortunately Jagex is no longer 100% owned by the founders Andrew Gower and Pual Gower. Jagex is currently affiliated with three investors.

These investors are here for the money, as quoted from:

Investment Announcement  - Released Tuesday 8th February 2011

Brandon Gardner, a Partner at Raine, commented, "Jagex is the standout player in one of the most attractive and fastest growing segments of the games industry. We are excited with both the near- and long-term growth opportunities at the company, and look forward to working with Jagex's founders and management team to continue to develop their industry-leading MMOG platform."

The Free Trade and Wilderness was restored on the 1st of February 2011 which of course could be a result from the investors, stated 7 days after the release.

Quote from: Kevin on August 22, 2011, 03:30:50 PM

No they wont.

Jagex isn't alone anymore, maybe consider their decision to grant access by investors a bad choice.

shy guy

~~~~~Rexxy~~~~~

add this to your signature if you love music