News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Access is denied?

Started by SGTwang, July 03, 2011, 09:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGTwang

Sorry if this is being posted in the wrong place, i just wasnt sure where to put it.

Im trying to play WorldScape, but when i first load it, it says "Connecting to update server"

Right after that it says "Java.io.FileNotFoundExeption: \allgofree\agf317withextrascachezmain.agf <access is denied>"

After that it just goes to the "waiting for signlink" page and the number keeps going up and nothing else happens.

Could anyone explain to me what the cause of this may be? i have tried downloading the client and running the updater from there, but i still get the same problem.

Any advice/explanation would be appreciated, thanks :)
TAKKA! KUJAKU! CONDOR!
    TA        JA          DOR!

Voltimolt

Just the hosting folder malfunction. Possibly a .htaccess code error.

SGTwang

Is there a way i can fix this, that you could explain?
TAKKA! KUJAKU! CONDOR!

Voltimolt

This is server-sided. Not your fault.

are you by any chance a standard windows user or an administrator account type?

SGTwang

TAKKA! KUJAKU! CONDOR!

Ry60003333

Go on an administrator account and create a folder called "allgofree" (no quotes) in your C drive, then try loading the client again.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Voltimolt

Possible when the client is trying to write the cache onto your computer to read from for later purpose (known as cache).
the client doesn't have permission to write onto the hard drive.

Possibly. Its either that ^ or server-sided.

SGTwang

TAKKA! KUJAKU! CONDOR!

SGTwang

ok so im on the admin user and theres allready that folder on the c drive, and the game loads fine.

Should i delete the folder and make it again?
TAKKA! KUJAKU! CONDOR!

Voltimolt

if the game works and loads fine, why delete the folder?

Just play! Enjoy the rich creation by Ryan!

SGTwang

no i mean it only works fine on the admin user, and not my own user.
and i want to be able to play on my own user in case the admin changes the password now that i know what it is lol
TAKKA! KUJAKU! CONDOR!

Jack

Make your user a System Administrator. Wallah!

Kevin

Access is Denied is an error I've received while coding, I cannot remember exactly what I did to fix it, but what you should try to do is remove all the AllGoFree files from your computer, and re-load them. If it still gives you the error, try to Re-Download your java. If that still doesn't do anything you may need to re-boot your computer to pretty much re-start the brain of it. I honestly can't remember what I did to fix it. I had this exact problem running one of my clients.

Voltimolt

actually standard users should work fine either way.

My school laptop has bigger restrictions then anyone. I still could play allgofree.
I copied the cache and pasted into my c:/
and get this, c:/ was removed from my computers lool.