News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Cheat Client's

Started by Kyle, June 24, 2011, 10:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

Lately I've Been Seeing Alot Of Players Using Cheat Clients To Become Invisible And Ruin The Game, Which Is Becoming Really Irritaiting.. >:(

Jack

Quote from: nuggets on June 24, 2011, 10:06:41 PM
Lately I've Been Seeing Alot Of Players Using Cheat Clients.
It's the same person & I've reported him.

Link: http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,10529.0.html

And yes, It's very frustrating and annoying.

Francis

Yeah, this guy is really starting to get on my f*cking nerves. It's like 3-4 times a day now. It's ridiculous, some people...
Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!

Daxking

I remember Bill knowing how to get rid of them on an older server. Since he's owner he can proably re-code it or whatever and put it on here.  ;)

Annakarl

i think we should get rid of any other client like no one will login into the game. without using agf web client or desktop client.

Jack

There's something that Ryan could add to the client so it only allows certain clients. And if they log in with any cheat clients they get automatically banned.

Pride

Ryan could make it so that we don't see the server IP, allowing them to not be able to use any client but the AGF client.

This worked for a previous community I visited.

Yoho

Worldscape's IP is on moparscape and runelocus so the IP will always be seen.

Jack

Quote from: Pride on June 25, 2011, 05:14:05 AM
Ryan could make it so that we don't see the server IP, allowing them to not be able to use any client but the AGF client.

This worked for a previous community I visited.
I've been talking to him on Facebook about it and he is adding what I said.

Which is:

When they use any cheat clients, It will detect it and ban them.
It also blocks the clients from getting onto the servers.

Pride

Leigh, you don't know how very easy it is to change your server's IP, and a non-working one can be posted.

Yoho

If you use the wrong IP, I think the server status would always be offline. That wouldn't help worldscapes growth.

Drunk Mario

I vote for making the server detect cheat clients and auto-ban them.

Also, Ryan should add a little funny message for when it does detect them.. like when you are banned it says "your account has been disabled..."

There should be something like..

"I see your cheat client n00b!"

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Jack

Quote from: Program on June 25, 2011, 02:08:53 PM
Quote from: Jack on June 25, 2011, 03:16:41 AM
There's something that Ryan could add to the client so it only allows certain clients. And if they log in with any cheat clients they get automatically banned.

I don't think there's a way of detecting cheat clients, to the server they look like any other client. You can however make the server accept connections from your client only. But if it automatically banned people trying to login with other clients, we'd lose a lot of members, because I'm pretty sure there are a good number of people that use alternate but legitimate clients, such as the moparscape one.

So I don't think that would work. I'm not very good with this stuff though, so if anyone can figure something out Ryan can! ;)
I've seen a tutorial on Moparscape.

Jack

Quote from: Program on June 25, 2011, 06:30:15 PM
Would you mind linking me to it please? I'm kind of interested in it.
Maybe it was just blocking all clients but your own.

But look at this, this could be implemented to work in our client.
[/code]if (UID != 01312011) {    disconnected = true;
    returnCode = 7;

}

This as well: [url=http://www.moparscape.org/smf/index.php/topic,444519.0.html]http://www.moparscape.org/smf/index.php/topic,444519.0.html[/url]

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Program on June 25, 2011, 02:08:53 PM
Quote from: Jack on June 25, 2011, 03:16:41 AM

I don't think there's a way of detecting cheat clients, to the server they look like any other client. You can however make the server accept connections from your client only. But if it automatically banned people trying to login with other clients, we'd lose a lot of members, because I'm pretty sure there are a good number of people that use alternate but legitimate clients, such as the moparscape one.

So I don't think that would work. I'm not very good with this stuff though, so if anyone can figure something out Ryan can! ;)
He could make it so it would accept all clients except the MAIN cheat clients used like Bombs.. Mostly everyone uses that one.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall