News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Merging Posts

Started by Jack, June 24, 2011, 12:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Well I've seen a lot of double posting even done by myself in the past. I think that when you post and then you post again and forget or just do it for post count It just merges your post and It will make it look like this.

Example, I'm a noob.

I'm double posting.

This will stop loads of spam and people getting in trouble, make it if the person hasn't posted in 3 days It makes a new post so people can see it.

I think this is a very good idea.

Insomnom

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

M I K E

You mean like this...or something like..:

Blablablabla (post #1)

Edit:Blaalalalalalal (post #2

So it puts "Edit" there and it adds the double post to your old message?

Insomnom

Was described in both posts.. ._.

But yeah, kinda. It would add your second post to your first post, using some sort of separator.
It wouldn't use the word "edit" though, as that's not the same thing and would confuse people. =D

^ picture from the example I gave. Probably wouldn't be the exact same thing, but yeah.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Jack

Quote from: Insomnom on June 24, 2011, 01:36:31 PM
Like this http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1523
But that one isn't compatible with 2.0 RC4.
Try and find one that will work with 2.0 RC4. If we can get this up and running this will be awesome!

Quote from: M I K E on June 24, 2011, 05:49:38 PM
You mean like this...or something like..:

Blablablabla (post #1)

Edit:Blaalalalalalal (post #2

So it puts "Edit" there and it adds the double post to your old message?
Not necessarily. It's like what Insomnom posted. :)

Francis

Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!

Pride

I definitely support this.

Jack

With all this support I hope this will be added, It would be a great addition to the Forums.

Dug

This is a pretty good suggestion, although some players would take advantage of this, continuous post merging just to keep a topic alive and it might be hard for us to detect that considering there are more than a few pages...
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Drunk Mario

OR how about you guys just don't double post and actually pay attention?

Easy as that.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Dug

That's right, the old traditional way, where punishment will be given :D!
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Insomnom

I don't think post merges bump topics. =P
Could be wrong though.

Made by Pride.

Jack

Quote from: Insomnom on June 26, 2011, 02:24:23 AM
I don't think post merges bump topics. =P
Could be wrong though.
From my experiences on about 20 other forums they do bump posts. But that's good for people who need to to be shown but only getting one post out of it and the posts merging.

Ry60003333

If I can find a Mod thats compatible with our version of SMF I would install this. :)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

M I K E

So we are free to suggest them also?