News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

AHH..HELP!

Started by Joker, May 31, 2011, 02:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker

Well Suddenly when I was trying to open the tast manager it displayed that It was disabled by The adminstrator (In the computer) And I am the only user..Someone help please? I can't use the Laptop without the task manager. :\

M I K E

I also recommend you to run a virus scan :)

Insomnom

Yeah, most likely a virus.
Highly doubt your parents would take your computer and disable your task manager.

You can manually edit your registry to re-enable it.

If you do ANYTHING in regedit I don't say to, you can severely f*ck up your computer. So FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS PERFECTLY.

Got to regedit (can use run for this if you don't know how).
Expand
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System
If you see a key on the right under (Default) called DisableTaskMgr look at the data value.
If it's 0x00000000 (0) your task manager should be working fine.
If it's 0x00000000 (1) then that means it's disabled.
You can right click on the name "DisableTaskMgrkey", click edit and change the value to 0 instead of 1.

After you enable it you should clean your computer out thoroughly, as you are most likely infected with a nasty that doesn't want you to get rid of it easily.
Having task manager enabled should help, which is why I say 'after'.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Drunk Mario

It's a virus. i got one EXACTLY like it a while back. i just ran a virus scan and took it off and *Whatdoyouknow* Task manager opens. ::)

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Joker

Well..My laptop is untouchalbe by my parents anyhow.
Just downloaded Kaspersky thingy ( Anti virus ) Scanned and but nothing happened. =(
Help?

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Joker_ on June 01, 2011, 02:14:20 PM
Well..My laptop is untouchalbe by my parents anyhow.
Just downloaded Kaspersky thingy ( Anti virus ) Scanned and but nothing happened. =(
Help?
Nothing happened as in It didn't find any viruses or as in it didn't load up or it's just a tech problem with the program? I have kaspersky (bought it) and It works just fine.. If it's the program not working then try getting AVG Antivirus.

- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Joker

Shall i buy it or its free?

Drunk Mario

AVG is free. and Kaspersky is AMAZING so if it works good for you i recommend buying it.

There is a trial version you should try though.. And what's the problem with the virus scan?

- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Joker

Idk there's a problem it detects it then it doesn't delete it..oh btw now allgofree doesn't work anymore because of this stupid virus..here's a pic:

Joker

Quote from: Program on June 01, 2011, 09:16:13 PM
This is my recommendation, but I don't know if you want to follow it.
If I were you, I would backup all my important files off the computer, format, and re-install windows.

Yeah I will do this but I am worried because this laptop isn't mine..Its dad's and it has got important things.

Drunk Mario

Like he said, back it up first! ;)

- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Joker

yeah my father knows someone who knows many st00f in computer and he's going to help me..Thanks for supporting guys.
Ya can lock this mister.