News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Question of the Day! (May 21, 2011)

Started by Dug, May 21, 2011, 05:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dug

Do you think Obama should grant students more weekends and more time to study for exams  :o?
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Insomnom

For and against.

Thing is, a lot of the time people feel overwhelmed by homework and such.
They say they have to go home and do hours of homework or studying just to pass (before college).

I never quite understood this as I always finished my homework in class and never really had to study until college.

I do believe though, that the people who are already studying hard and doing well don't need the extra time as much.
And the people who do need it, wont utilize it. =P
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Pride

I would kill to have more time off of school, sometimes.

Drunk Mario

MORE time off school! We BARELY get anytime off school.. it has to be a BIG blizzard and -25 out for school to be closed.. and that MIGHT just be a delay depending on how the plows are doing. :-\

We got a 2 day Springbreak.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Sad Panda

Collin, there is a three month long Summer break. I vote yay and nay for this. Jazmen has brought up the points I would have. The kids who are doing well don't need it, and the people who need it wouldn't use it properly.

O My Devil

I think they should give a week off school to study at home.

Sad Panda

I think they should grant the week off, as Devil suggested, for finals.

O My Devil

Not just finals, but mid terms also, i can be a huge relief to study with ur friends the things u dont know than study at school thing that u know. "The teacher never listens, Especially in collage"...

ratman3

As much as I want more time, to prepare for my finals, alot of people will take advantage of it.  Most students try in school, while the slackers sit in the back of the classroom, asking "Where is Eurasia?  All I see is Europe and Asia...".  The slackers in school will just use it to play around, and won't use it, while those already ready for their exams will be even more ready.  Then, they blame the teacher, because they "never taught that in class". If they add more time for finals, it'll make the gap larger between Smart and Stupid.

However, if they DO add some breaks into the school, it would be better in the first few months.  Our first day off was Thanksgiving last year, since we all had "make-up days" for some of the weather that we had.  People should atleast get a day or two off of the month, along with the weekends, just to catch up on all of the work, instead of it all pilling up on you.

Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

M I K E

I have a 2 months break soon, suck that..

Dug

Quote from: M I K E on May 22, 2011, 02:13:58 PM
I have a 2 months break soon, suck that..
Shush you -.-
This actually just inspired me in a way, not to leave things to the last minute :3.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Pride

Well, I'm glad that we inspired you.

:o