News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Question of the Day! (May 19, 2011)

Started by Dug, May 19, 2011, 02:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dug

This question is for all those who have brothers or sisters.
"F/M" = Father/Mother
When your F/M asks you to do something and they get angry/upset that you don't do it straight away, (possibly shouts and threatens to hit you) leaving you no choice but to do it. Although, when he asks the same thing to your Sister/Brother, and they don't get on with it, while he just stays silent.
Do you think He/She is treating you differently or otherwise unfair than He/SHE should be treating you? In other words, does your F/M victimize you?
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Insomnom

It's situational.

If your siblings are younger than you then you're expected to be more responsible and more mature than they are as well as set a good example for them.
The age difference might allow them to get more slack than you.

If they're older, they may already have gone through the same shit and have /earned/ the slack they get.

If neither applies, then it may just be the favoritism mentality kicking in.
Although parents hate to admit it and often try to stay away from that, it's always obvious that there's favorites, and there's not much you can do beside grin and bear it.

Anyway. In the above situations..
If your parents provide a decent life for you, then the least you can do is pay them back by doing the things they ask in a timely manner. It's a show of respect and gratitude.

If they don't and you're in a situation like I was when I was living with my parents then just keep your chin up until you get out of said situation.
Don't make things worse for yourself.

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Pride

Quote from: Insomnom on May 19, 2011, 02:23:02 PM

It's situational.

If your siblings are younger than you then you're expected to be more responsible and more mature than they are as well as set a good example for them.

If they're older, they may already have gone through the same shit and have /earned/ the slack they get.

Although parents hate to admit it and often try to stay away from that, it's always obvious that there's favorites, and there's not much you can do beside grin and bear it.

If your parents provide a decent life for you, then the least you can do is pay them back by doing the things they ask in a timely manner. It's a show of respect and gratitude.

If they don't and you're in a situation like I was when I was living with my parents then just keep your chin up until you get out of said situation.

I'd have to say what she said, too lazy/dysfunctional to type it, though.

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Insomnom on May 19, 2011, 02:23:02 PM

It's situational.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Good question today. :P

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

O My Devil

When ur the oldest u have a responsibility more than ur younger brothers...

Dug

Yes, but for example, your two sisters are older, and the father doesn't do shit until the younger child tells him, sometimes he doesn't do shit, period =\.
It's just so stressful.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..