News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

restart.

Started by nate, April 28, 2012, 02:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoho

Quote from: wolf on May 14, 2012, 06:09:14 AM
No matter what others say i think the economy should be reset, Pking taken back so you can 3 hit, choc-ice was a main source of pking, pumpkins healed full health, you can do the command ::ilovechocice for 100 choc-ice and you can use 2 handed weapons with shields.

Thats just what i think.

Worldscape has gone way to far for it to go back.

wolf

Going back might be the only way to bring it foward.

freak m4n

What about just forget about all of it, and just wait till the 2nd world is out. We can start all over again @ world 2 and we don't have to be scared that are items getting deleted cause you'll just start all over again in the 2nd world.
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

The Real Pkz

The worldscape owners have performed a few Eco-resets and it doesn't help, it encourages players to quit since they'll have to start again and eventually, the game turns out to be exactly the same as it was, before the reset, just with different players holding the upper-hand.
  What Worldscape needs is an economy that works, it needs a working input of gold for players, as well as an output, the input of gold would be general labour (fishing, woodcutting etc) the output of gold being the purchase of necessities (runes, food etc). The game will need the right balance of  these two inputs and outputs for the economy to work.
   If Allgofree owners manage to achieve such a system, then they should consider an eco-reset, but i wouldnt recommend it, as allowing the game to flow with the new economy in tact, would work better than having a total reset, this does not mean that admins and moderators should not be on the look out for players who have a large quantity of the same object.
   Im going to cut it short since my PC has already decided to crash twice during the writing of this post :S
-History-

2010 - Present: The Real Pkz
2008 - 2010.  : Nhl06
2006 - 2008.  : YouTube Noob

Recoil

Quote from: The Real Pkz on May 15, 2012, 01:54:18 PM
The worldscape owners have performed a few Eco-resets and it doesn't help, it encourages players to quit since they'll have to start again and eventually, the game turns out to be exactly the same as it was, before the reset, just with different players holding the upper-hand.
  What Worldscape needs is an economy that works, it needs a working input of gold for players, as well as an output, the input of gold would be general labour (fishing, woodcutting etc) the output of gold being the purchase of necessities (runes, food etc). The game will need the right balance of  these two inputs and outputs for the economy to work.
   If Allgofree owners manage to achieve such a system, then they should consider an eco-reset, but i wouldnt recommend it, as allowing the game to flow with the new economy in tact, would work better than having a total reset, this does not mean that admins and moderators should not be on the look out for players who have a large quantity of the same object.
   Im going to cut it short since my PC has already decided to crash twice during the writing of this post :S
Your post is so contradicting. You say we don't need to reset or have an economy fix, but then you also say we need an input of gold for players as-well as output. We don't have that right now, nor will we unless items regain value again. How do we put value back into items? Get rid of the inflation. The only way to so that is to scratch everything and start over. Right now we have ::runes and shit, which honestly was a mistake all around and should be taken out. You can't just forget the money and use items for the basis for currency, because items aren't valuable anymore either. The only things that have value at the moment are rares, which in my opinion is f*cking stupid, because rares in no way help skilling at all, they just 'make you look cool'. Yes this 2nd world may be cool so everyone is satisfied, but my worry is that everyone is just going to stay greedy and never leave world 1. It's like what Kevin suggested. Yeah I can empty my entire bank instead of fighting for this economy fix, but that won't help the rest of the economy because someone can just give me max cash and 1k barrow sets again. It's only half-fixing the problem and in my eyes; won't solve much (other than shutting up everyone, i.e. stop the complaining about everything).
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

The Real Pkz

Quote from: Recoil on May 15, 2012, 03:30:10 PM
Quote from: The Real Pkz on May 15, 2012, 01:54:18 PM
Your post is so contradicting. You say we don't need to reset or have an economy fix, but then you also say we need an input of gold for players as-well as output. We don't have that right now, nor will we unless items regain value again. How do we put value back into items? Get rid of the inflation. The only way to so that is to scratch everything and start over. Right now we have ::runes and shit, which honestly was a mistake all around and should be taken out. You can't just forget the money and use items for the basis for currency, because items aren't valuable anymore either. The only things that have value at the moment are rares, which in my opinion is f*cking stupid, because rares in no way help skilling at all, they just 'make you look cool'. Yes this 2nd world may be cool so everyone is satisfied, but my worry is that everyone is just going to stay greedy and never leave world 1. It's like what Kevin suggested. Yeah I can empty my entire bank instead of fighting for this economy fix, but that won't help the rest of the economy because someone can just give me max cash and 1k barrow sets again. It's only half-fixing the problem and in my eyes; won't solve much (other than shutting up everyone, i.e. stop the complaining about everything).

I agree that the only way the economy will be fixed is by resetting duplicates, but a system that creates a working economy must first be established.. otherwise the game will end up exactly the same as it is now, with the old players in procession of alot of the rares, not trading them because they want to collect them, this is because they have nothing else to spend their money on, they get their supplies for free (::runes and ::food) this means that a player that has just started at Worldscape, cannot progress up the money ladder until they strike a bit of luck, this would be solved if money (gp) was needed to buy supplies, and if money (gp) actually had a value (this has been mentioned earlier in this thread)
The economy would also operate more smoothy if only duplicate items were wiped, this will give the economy a little push so everyone doesnt start off with absolutely nothing and will get the game up and running again, faster. This reset should not be reset either, this has little to do with the economy
-History-

Kryptonite

Quote from: The Real Pkz on May 15, 2012, 04:20:17 PM
I agree that the only way the economy will be fixed is by resetting duplicates, but a system that creates a working economy must first be established.. otherwise the game will end up exactly the same as it is now, with the old players in procession of alot of the rares, not trading them because they want to collect them, this is because they have nothing else to spend their money on, they get their supplies for free (::runes and ::food) this means that a player that has just started at Worldscape, cannot progress up the money ladder until they strike a bit of luck, this would be solved if money (gp) was needed to buy supplies, and if money (gp) actually had a value (this has been mentioned earlier in this thread)
The economy would also operate more smoothy if only duplicate items were wiped, this will give the economy a little push so everyone doesnt start off with absolutely nothing and will get the game up and running again, faster. This reset should not be reset either, this has little to do with the economy

So, if we delete all duped items, people will somehow have massive amounts of duped items again is what you're getting at?

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

The Real Pkz

Yea, somehow.. the admins have reset the game in the past ( a few times ) and worldscape always turns out the same, its because their isn't a working system for the economy to grow, there's also nothing to spend GP on which makes it worthless, making rares the currency of the game - which only some players are in possession of and new players cannot get a hold of
-History-

Kryptonite

Quote from: The Real Pkz on May 16, 2012, 08:13:43 AM
Yea, somehow.. the admins have reset the game in the past ( a few times ) and worldscape always turns out the same, its because their isn't a working system for the economy to grow, there's also nothing to spend GP on which makes it worthless, making rares the currency of the game - which only some players are in possession of and new players cannot get a hold of

Which is why we delete the items so they have value again... People won't get duped items if it happens. That makes no sense in any way.

weed

Ry60003333

We have never deleted player's items. :o
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

wolf

We need world 2 to open A.S.A.P i think we will get more players if it restarts.

Mia

World 2 - Epic Idea

We should be able to have a PKING world just for the PKers :)

Jake

Quote from: Mia on May 18, 2012, 02:09:53 AM
World 2 - Epic Idea

We should be able to have a PKING world just for the PKers :)
Omg World 2 could totally have the old school Pking. Even though putting the three hit and eating *GLITCH* would be hard to put back in  ;D

Joris

Wolf, i just love how your banner says great economy, and you think there should be a reset.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Joris on May 18, 2012, 04:34:55 PM
Wolf, i just love how your banner says great economy, and you think there should be a reset.

"Hey, our server has a terrible economy! Come play it!"

GL with that one.

weed