News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

I feel so lucky

Started by D E A T H, March 10, 2012, 03:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D E A T H

All of this was FREE

So my lil bro comes home from practice and he walks in the door with 2 giant boxes for baseball,basketball, and football cards. The reason I fell lucky if because my bro was jst in some gas station and some guy comesd up to him and goes you like baseball cards and well you guys can figure the story out.

I have many good cards in there already like MJ, Barry Bonds, Larry Bird, Pete Rose, Dale Murphy. That's not even half on one of the boxes.

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Recoil

Save these until you're really old.

My dad had a bunch of nobodies that played baseball, just average players. But his dad passed them to him, and he passed them to me. They're now like 80 years old and someone that wasn't even popular could sell for like 100 dollars.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Kevin

Save those until you are about 60-70 years old. Tada retirement money. :D

Venum

Why is everyone so hyped about baseball cards?
what's so good about them? I see no use in it.
No offence to anyone.

TROLOLOLOLOL

Quote from: Venum on March 10, 2012, 07:41:05 PM
No offence to anyone.
If you're referring to people in this topic, then I'm ashamed of you for not comprehending the two comments before you about making a lot of money from them.

If you're referring to people in general: you'd be surprised how much people love sports and freak out over something about a player they really like.

Recoil

Quote from: Venum on March 10, 2012, 07:41:05 PM
No offence to anyone.
I can't speak for baseball players, but it's like basketball jerseys for me. Sports are more than just games, they symbolize hard working that translates into life.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

D E A T H

There are some late 1970 card in there. :)

Jake

I live in Australia and I have no idea what these are but I seen some on eBay oneday and they were like $300 so if you can sell each of them for like $100 then you'll be quite wealthy ;)

Recoil

Quote from: Jake on March 11, 2012, 07:32:39 PM
I live in Australia and I have no idea what these are but I seen some on eBay oneday and they were like $300 so if you can sell each of them for like $100 then you'll be quite wealthy ;)
They're baseball cards. They are just pictures of players with the players name on a card lol.
Dem digits

Jake

I don't see why a piece of cardboard could cost $300+ then.

Recoil

Quote from: Jake on March 11, 2012, 08:38:00 PM
I don't see why a piece of cardboard could cost $300+ then.
They're not really cardboard.

Think of them as rares. There aren't many copies of the better players. With age they increase in value.
Dem digits

Jake

Well any rare becomes more in value when they age so thats obvious. I just couldn't see a card being so valuable.

D E A T H

It's not the card being of value but how old the card is. Do you know how cool it would be to have a 1920's baseball card? It's like you are holding a piece of history.

Recoil

Quote from: D E A T H on March 12, 2012, 10:09:50 AM
It's not the card being of value but how old the card is. Do you know how cool it would be to have a 1920's baseball card? It's like you are holding a piece of history.
Plus imagine how little 1920's baseball cards there are. My guess is it's in the 100s in the entire world.
Dem digits

D E A T H

There are more than you think....