News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Getting mad at people because they have bad grammar

Started by Kryptonite, March 22, 2011, 07:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

Hey I'd just like to say that is kind of makes me mad when people make fun of other people or get mad at them because they use bad grammar. Like honestly, an example would be like with gomes97. He's dyslexic and it really pisses me off when I see posts picking on him because they couldn't understand what he was saying. I feel really bad for him. Honestly guys, you really shouldn't pick on people for that. It's not like they aren't trying, you're just making them feel worse. If you just use some common sense you could (most of the time) EASILY figure out what they are trying to say. So please, just back off if you are doing this, it's really kind of mean.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Insomnom

I agree with this, it's an issue that reeeally ticks me off.. but I can't help but snicker at your signature.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

ratman3

I remember when the teachers at my schools thought I was "gifted"... it turns out that im a savant though...

But i aggree with you.  For years, people laughed at me because I thought differently, and expressed a different writting style.  One of my teachers even tried to fail me, because I was "different" than the rest of the class...
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

Sora

100% support. Gomes is actually a really cool dude once you get to know him.  8)
He always tries his best so that's one of the best qualities of him.  :)

Kryptonite

Quote from: Insomnom on March 22, 2011, 07:45:54 PM
I agree with this, it's an issue that reeeally ticks me off.. but I can't help but snicker at your signature.

Haha it's just something funny I saw somewhere.

Quote from: ratman3 on March 22, 2011, 08:39:14 PM
I remember when the teachers at my schools thought I was "gifted"... it turns out that im a savant though...

But i aggree with you.  For years, people laughed at me because I thought differently, and expressed a different writting style.  One of my teachers even tried to fail me, because I was "different" than the rest of the class...

Dang, sorry about that. Teachers shouldn't even be allowed to do that...

Quote from: Tinyyoshi on March 22, 2011, 08:41:19 PM
100% support. Gomes is actually a really cool dude once you get to know him.  8)
He always tries his best so that's one of the best qualities of him.  :)

I know! I really like him!

weed

X

Umm, maybe you wanna take a look at your signature sometime. ;)

Kryptonite

Quote from: X on March 22, 2011, 09:29:14 PM
Umm, maybe you wanna take a look at your signature sometime. ;)

Read my above post haha.

weed

Bill

The people that get on him about it probably aren't aware of his problem. Some of them probably assume he's a little kid that can't type with correct sentence structure and grammar. I can't tell you for sure that's what happens, but it's my best guess. I'm almost positive everyone here means no harm by it when they bring it up. I don't feel it's right though to be talking about him like this, even though we're defending him. If it were me I would just want the issue to be left alone. I give him my respect though.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

wouter

Quote from: Kryptonite on March 22, 2011, 07:22:08 PM
Hey I'd just like to say that is kind of makes me mad when people make fun of other people or get mad at them because they use bad grammar. Like honestly, an example would be like with gomes97. He's dyslexic and it really pisses me off when I see posts picking on him because they couldn't understand what he was saying. I feel really bad for him. Honestly guys, you really shouldn't pick on people for that. It's not like they aren't trying, you're just making them feel worse. If you just use some common sense you could (most of the time) EASILY figure out what they are trying to say. So please, just back off if you are doing this, it's really kind of mean.

I know you mean me with the first part but, they will never learn it if you don't correct them. That's what I usually do, well.. without hating than. Also my english grammar isn't the best. That's why I asked people to correct me when I'm wrong. I'm fine with that because in that way I'm still learning. :)

Kryptonite

Quote from: caponer on March 23, 2011, 01:28:16 AM
Quote from: Kryptonite on March 22, 2011, 07:22:08 PM

I know you mean me with the first part but, they will never learn it if you don't correct them. That's what I usually do, well.. without hating than. Also my english grammar isn't the best. That's why I asked people to correct me when I'm wrong. I'm fine with that because in that way I'm still learning. :)

I've never seen you do it? :o

weed

Dug

Indeed so I've actually communicated with him more often then some people, I did understand most of them and we just kept on talking. He is an amazing person that deserves to be treated with some respect.
Click HERE if you think so too.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Kryptonite

Quote from: Dug on March 23, 2011, 07:52:22 PM
Indeed so I've actually communicated with him more often then some people, I did understand most of them and we just kept on talking. He is an amazing person that deserves to be treated with some respect.
Click HERE if you think so too.

Haha I don't think that link works for anyone but you.

weed

Jake

You know what, I haven't been around the site for long, But i seem to have noticed that there really isn't too many people who are terrible at grammar and what not. And if they are they try there best to get there message across. Whether it be using a translator or just have a go by them self. Because i can assure you it wouldn't be easy to do.

I do understand what you're saying though, A person with bad Grammar isn't something worth being mad over.

M I K E

Yeh im sorry if i have picked you up Gomes, like asking to use translator..

Diva La Viva

This is what i've been saying for the last months, it isn't fun to have someone picking on you if you are bad at a language.

101% support.