News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Arguing both sides..?

Started by Insomnom, March 09, 2011, 03:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insomnom

So I got a complaint today saying that I should stop arguing both sides of everything I come across.
Apparently, that's not constructive and pisses people off?

I just wanted to know what's wrong with this. Because I NEVER thought there was a problem.

I don't necessarily argue both sides (by definition), I just see things from both points of view, and let others know that.
Isn't that what we've been told to do anyway?  Look at both sides, take a walk in their shoes, etc.
I enjoy being understanding. It makes things easier for everyone.

I just don't see why I should be criticized for not blatantly attacking someone I don't agree with when they make good points (..or at all).
AmIright? :\

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Joker

You do not argue with people,lol....

Insomnom

ar·gue
â€"verb (used without object)
1. to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
â€"verb (used with object)
3. to state the reasons for or against: The lawyers argued the case.

I disagree. ;P
Just 'cause I'm not yelling or being rude, doesn't mean I'm not arguing. =D
Sorry. I'm a technical person.

I just meant that I normally end up supporting reasons from both sides of a discussion, and apparently, that has pissed someone off.

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Drunk Mario

I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with that.. I actually LIKE it when you do that!

Everyone can't always like EVERYTHING in life, now can they?

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Kryptonite

There isn't anything wrong with it. Whoever said that is just really immature. It's a good thing you do that.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Insomnom

Aye.

I suppose I'm just tired of being chastised for my good qualities (IE, the reason for my rant).
If you're going to complain, at least have a decent reason. :c

Made by Pride.

Sad Panda

I like that you view theories from both sides of the spectrum. It lets you become more aware and, therefore, smarter.

Insomnom

Well, okay.
I feel comfortable again.
Thanks guys. =P

Made by Pride.