News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Arguing both sides..?

Started by Insomnom, March 09, 2011, 03:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insomnom

So I got a complaint today saying that I should stop arguing both sides of everything I come across.
Apparently, that's not constructive and pisses people off?

I just wanted to know what's wrong with this. Because I NEVER thought there was a problem.

I don't necessarily argue both sides (by definition), I just see things from both points of view, and let others know that.
Isn't that what we've been told to do anyway?  Look at both sides, take a walk in their shoes, etc.
I enjoy being understanding. It makes things easier for everyone.

I just don't see why I should be criticized for not blatantly attacking someone I don't agree with when they make good points (..or at all).
AmIright? :\

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Joker

You do not argue with people,lol....

Insomnom

ar·gue
â€"verb (used without object)
1. to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
â€"verb (used with object)
3. to state the reasons for or against: The lawyers argued the case.

I disagree. ;P
Just 'cause I'm not yelling or being rude, doesn't mean I'm not arguing. =D
Sorry. I'm a technical person.

I just meant that I normally end up supporting reasons from both sides of a discussion, and apparently, that has pissed someone off.

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Drunk Mario

I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with that.. I actually LIKE it when you do that!

Everyone can't always like EVERYTHING in life, now can they?

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Kryptonite

There isn't anything wrong with it. Whoever said that is just really immature. It's a good thing you do that.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Insomnom

Aye.

I suppose I'm just tired of being chastised for my good qualities (IE, the reason for my rant).
If you're going to complain, at least have a decent reason. :c

Made by Pride.

Sad Panda

I like that you view theories from both sides of the spectrum. It lets you become more aware and, therefore, smarter.

Insomnom

Well, okay.
I feel comfortable again.
Thanks guys. =P

Made by Pride.