News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Choosing mods by election?

Started by Joker, March 08, 2011, 07:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker

Yeah..Just came up with this idea..But i think it's bad..But what about your thoughts?

ratman3

If this happens, then people will vote for who's the most popular, instead of who is the most reliable person to become a mod.
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

dieknowsawr

Meh, I personally don't like it because one person could go and make
100 accounts and vote for him :\.

Sad Panda

Nope. Most people on here don't think before they do something so this would not work.

Insomnom

Bad idea for maaaaaaaaaaany reasons.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Joker

Say your the reasons then jazmen..And It's an election that ONLY one person with only one ip who can vote once.

ratman3

Still... it would be who's the most popular person in the game.  Also, people could swing the votes + electons, and resulting in a popularity contest.  Even if this were to work, the people that become moderators wouldn't be chosen by their qualifications.
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

Drunk Mario

Because, It would most likely be based off of how popular the person is, not on their abilities or anything. Also, There would be some people who use a proxy(NICK! :o) who would vote more times probably. Also, some player that isn't well known, Like Francis, wouldn't be voted mod, because just about none of the popular players know/knew him. (Just a good example Francis..)

Also, The owners would have to like how they do things and be VERY considerate on who they would pick to be in that vote. Also, what if they didn't want everyone to know who they might pick as staff?

To sum it all up: Not a good idea at all.

Better than nothing though I guess.. :-\

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Joker

Sad Panda

There is a way this could work. Potentionally.

Jeremy and Ryan nominate people who they think have potential to become a staff member and we elect the one that we think would fit into the position the best. Obviously Ryan and Jeremy would have to decided about it still though.

Collin, I don't use proxies. Only noobs do.

Insomnom

This isn't highschool.

Mods are special because they are handpicked by those who run the site for specific reasons.
If you make an election, not only are just the most popular chosen- those reasons aren't fulfilled.. or they wouldn't need to be voted on in the first place.
Plus, it would bring a LOT of negative emotions to the community.
"Oh, I thought so-and-so was my friend.. why didn't they vote for me?", etc.
(Yes, even if votes are private- people talk.)

It's not hard to change your IP, either.. so multiple votes is still a possibility.

There's more, but it's just such a painfully obvious bad idea, that I don't feel the need to type them out. =P

Edit: Okay, locking.
Also, more trouble than what it's worth, Nick. The system we have now works fine.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.