News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Client using 100% CPU

Started by Yoho, March 06, 2011, 12:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoho

Is there anyway i can stop the client using 100% of the CPU?

Insomnom

Try setting the priority to "low".
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Francis

Open up your task manager and then go to process', once you've done that find Java.exe and then close it, NOT Javaw.exe, "Java.exe" That's all i pretty much know. I hope it helped. :)
Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!

Yoho

Francis, I do that all the time, Javaw.exe always uses 100%. It still uses 100% Insomnom.  :-\

Drunk Mario

I'm not sure there is a way to permanently stop it, but like Francis said, End the whole Java.exe Tree. (Right-click, end process tree)

Or try turning off your antivirus' realtime protection.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Zack

Wait for the client to load and do what the picture says.

Yoho

I've done that, it still uses 100%.

Francis

Yoho, maybe try re-downloading the client. I don't remember but i think the same thing happend to me and re-downloading the client did the trick.
Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!

Kevin

Open your task manager, find Java.exe. There is going to be 2 running.

Right click the one with the LOWEST memory usage, and end process. Give it a minute and the lag should go away.

Zack

Quote from: Kevin on March 06, 2011, 04:22:52 PM
Open your task manager, find Java.exe. There is going to be 2 running.

Right click the one with the LOWEST memory usage, and end process. Give it a minute and the lag should go away.

Exactly what I said...

Drunk Mario

Try completely deleting the Allgofree files from your computer, then re-download the client and try again.

- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Insomnom

Yay, recycled answers.

Does this only happen to java when you're playing WS?
If not, I'd check the location to make sure it's a legitimate copy.
I don't trust anything that takes up 100% CPU for more than two seconds.. but then again, I'm really paranoid.
If it's just when you load WS, does it do this using the web client too?

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Yoho

Thanks, I re-downloaded the client and deleted all the AllGoFree files. It now uses 60-80%, thanks guys. :)

Sad Panda

I think that setting the priority higher helps, personally. If it's higher then you can drop other things that your computer is doing and give it to the game.... I'm not entirely sure though.

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Sad Panda on March 07, 2011, 04:12:05 PM
I think that setting the priority higher helps, personally. If it's higher then you can drop other things that your computer is doing and give it to the game.... I'm not entirely sure though.
I know this topic is solved, but just to comment on this: NO! If you set anything above 'normal' it could freeze your computer/ not fix anything.. Well, that's the case with my computer.

Time for a lock Jazmen. ::)

- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall