News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

culture and traditions

Started by d1stortor, March 03, 2011, 09:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d1stortor

well, guys, i like learning about new cultures and traditions and stuff. Well, in Mexico, what we do in new years, we eat twelve grapes. Each grape has to be taken when a bell from the nearest church rings. There will be 12 bells rang and that's when you should eat a grape. With each grape, you should make a wish you would want to have in the coming year. Not sure if this is only in Mexico, but it's what we do. And after the grapes, we drink a light wine (which tastes soooo good). And after that, I guess we just drink and drink 'till the next day, lol.
$$$ LIFE IS TIME, AND TIME IS MONEY! $$$

Insomnom

Interesting.

Are there any specific reasons for doing this, such as each grape signifying something important?
Or do you know why/when this originated? ._.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

d1stortor

Quote from: Insomnom on March 03, 2011, 09:55:19 PM

Interesting.

Are there any specific reasons for doing this, such as each grape signifying something important?
Hehe, not sure where it came from or what the grape symbolizes. I think it has to do with god's blood or something like that. Not sure, i'm just saying because most Mexicans are very religious people, so this is just my supposition. Not sure though. Thanks for asking though, that made me wonder, lol.

Sad Panda

I've heard of people doing this. It happens in more than Mexico though. I think that you're right about it being God's blood though because grapes are a major part of wine and wine was served as the blood of Christ at the Final Supper.

Thrive

Quote from: Insomnom on March 03, 2011, 09:55:19 PM

Interesting.

They do it in other Spanish countries also. The place I did it was in Spain. The 12 grapes signify the amount of months in a year, and if you eat the 12 grapes in the 10 seconds (the television is usually blurting really load the ticks) before the new year, you are told to have good luck for the rest of the upcoming year. The wine following it is just a festivity.

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...

Insomnom

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

d1stortor

We have plenty of traditions in Mexico. And, I already told you all one of the things we do in Mexico. How about you guys tell me one of your traditions you all do or your ancestors?  :)

Dug

Eat dates and pray 5 times a day[Sometimes more] =D.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Insomnom

I live with my friends, so all of our traditions are just silly things we forged ourselves.
We don't really follow any set traditions, aside from maybe holding a Thanksgiving dinner. Who doesn't like food?

Yay for being bland and having next to no culture. =P

Made by Pride.

masterp82

Quote from: Insomnom on March 05, 2011, 05:40:32 PM

I live with my friends, so all of our traditions are just silly things we forged ourselves.
We don't really follow any set traditions, aside from maybe holding a Thanksgiving dinner. Who doesn't like food?

Yay for being bland and having next to no culture. =P

nice!!!it's almost like us Mexicans. We find anything stupid to celebrate so we can drink  :)