News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

A password command

Started by I Merk, February 25, 2011, 07:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Merk

Earlier a guy came up to me saying that his account has been hacked and wanted to change the password of his account. I had to then explain how to change it through the forums (I'm not sure if that's the right way) and it took quite a bit of my time. I know ::pass has had issues with people account scamming with '::pass themoney' so the commands could be ::newpassword or something like that.

Ry60003333

I'll probably make ::pass take you to the change your password page on the forums, just like ::forums take you to the forums right now. I cannot make it actually change your password to the way the account loading/saving is designed, but would that be a good idea? :o
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Insomnom

I think so. Because a lot of people don't know how or where to change their passwords.
So long as it took them to the correct page and not just the main page. =P

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Dug

'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Drunk Mario

'd prefer a command like before that just changes your password in-game.. Otherwise EVERY time i want to change my password, I would type have to be redirected to the forums on another tab being opened, which would lagg me in-game and then I would have to login to that account and change it then login to my main account.(this one)

I think a command like ::newpassword (password) would be much better and a lot less hassle.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Ry60003333

Yes but it isn't possibly for the game to modify information on your SMF account. :P
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Insomnom

Oh. Wow. You are REALLY lazy. o.o
Password security is important.. I don't think a few extra steps is that big of a deal. lol
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Insomnom on February 26, 2011, 03:10:05 PM
Oh. Wow. You are REALLY lazy. o.o
Password security is important.. I don't think a few extra steps is that big of a deal. lol
It's not that I'm lazy really, but when i am logged into THIS account, and I want to change a DIFFERENT account's password, I would have to log out of this account, Login to my other one, get on the change password page, change the password, log out, and log back in This account.

I'm DEFINITELY NOT lazy.. You could call me lazy, but look at my other post and this one.. I took the time to type that out, Also if you could looky and my post count, It shows that I am not lazy. ::) (LOL, Failure argument :P)

Quote from: Ry60003333 on February 26, 2011, 11:58:20 AM
Yes but it isn't possibly for the game to modify information on your SMF account. :P
How did you do it before then..? Like before Blitz.. ???

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot the accounts are linked now and they weren't before..

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Insomnom

That really isn't that much work.
And if it's too much for you to handle, you could always just open another browser and do it there.
No need to log out then. =P

Made by Pride.