News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Multi-Staffers

Started by Sad Panda, March 07, 2011, 10:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sad Panda

Not many of you know what I'm talking about so I'll give two examples.

Mod Jose and Mooshu are the same person. We know they are the same person.

About a week ago we were introduced to Mod Avery. Five minutes before that he was known as Mod Zexion and Rivin X. Rivin X was a forum and in game mod. People had good hunches about this one too. A person was even banned for claiming so.

I hate that they are given multiple accounts to be a staff member on. I am unable to find any other reason for them to do this other than for them to trick us.

Discuss if you want..

Kryptonite

Quote from Mod Avery (not exact words)
"We had secret accounts before, but then Jeremy decided it was pointless and we changed them."

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Sad Panda

Well a few seconds ago Mooshu was on his normal account and it was a moderating account. Then he said he'd be right back and, lo and behold, on logs Mod Jose. Bull.

Kevin

Mod Zexion was Mod Avery, it's not like Avery uses his Admin account all the time. They have 2 staff accounts for a good reason.

Say I was cussing out someone and Avery was there on Rivin X, instead of having to log off his personal account log on his admin account just to mute me, he can do simple things like that on his personal account. They have 2 accounts so he can earn everything on his one account without having the full powers as an admin on it. So he has Mod Avery, which is just for staff issues, and he can spawn/set stats on it. That's why it is JUST an admin account, he can't trade, fight, or pretty much do anything on it. Just look fancy and Administrate WorldScape.

Insomnom

Yep.
The reason there are multiple accounts is so you have the power of an admin account (..the admin account) but are still able to play on your normal account.
The secrecy thing is irrelevant, as it's gone now. There were good reasons for it, but it's not needed now.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Sad Panda

Yeah, Rivin X was given stats. Chaoslancex was given stats. People that have been given stats are still allowed to pk, they just can't trade spawned items.

Also, this is not the same thing as Jazmen. Her two positions do not coincide.

Francis

I think the reasoning for this is because they want to play the game instead of having an admin acount that can't trade, CAN spawn items and other things, when you have admin you don't have the thrill of actualy playing worldscape. Even though being an admin is a duty and a job, they still want to enjoy and play worldscape.
Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!

Insomnom

Rivin X and Chaoslancex were admins before Blitz, yes?
I don't remember the full history, as I've no first-hand account.
Alls I know is that was the beginning. And the beginning isn't always the most smooth thing, you know?
There will be some things you have to work out and fix. The split-system wasn't the only thing that there ever was.
-shrug-

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Kevin

Rivin X only only had his prayer boosted, and it was only by 5 levels.
Chaoslancex was an admin account, all his items were wiped and they are still trying to figure out what they should do with his stats.

Diva La Viva

Rivin is Zexion...?
And btw, they wasn't trying to keep us from discovering that Mod jose is mooshu? If so... that really failed...

Insomnom

No.
It is to be known, now.

Made by Pride.

Sad Panda

Quote from: Insomnom on March 07, 2011, 11:50:44 PM

Rivin X and Chaoslancex were admins before Blitz, yes?
I don't remember the full history, as I've no first-hand account.
Alls I know is that was the beginning. And the beginning isn't always the most smooth thing, you know?
There will be some things you have to work out and fix. The split-system wasn't the only thing that there ever was.
-shrug-

As well all know I was not here for a period of time, although I am sure that if he was an admin in old Classic they'd've made him an admin in Blitz.

Quote from: Kevin on March 08, 2011, 12:19:34 AM
Rivin X only only had his prayer boosted, and it was only by 5 levels.
Chaoslancex was an admin account, all his items were wiped and they are still trying to figure out what they should do with his stats.

His Prayer, Strength, and Hitpoints were each boosted.

Quote from: Diva La Viva on March 08, 2011, 04:48:32 AM
Rivin is Zexion...?
And btw, they wasn't trying to keep us from discovering that Mod jose is mooshu? If so... that really failed...

Yeah, Alex said it over the yell channel as soon as Mod Avery was introduced.

I suppose you have a valid point about Jose.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Sad Panda

No he didn't. He didn't even get items taken away as far as I know.