News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

staff

Started by masterp82, February 19, 2011, 10:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterp82

if you guys checked my other rant, thats what i mean by new staff just being jerks. they just worry about warning, banning, muting people and all this crap. i dont know whats the purpose of a mod or an admin, but im pretty sure they are here to help. not for others to feel all scared towards them. mods dont even help anymore. so plz, i suggest we bring some of the old admins back. and btw, for your information insomnom, did chaoslancex explain to you what happend? he was going to leave, and then he changed his mine. if not, then w.e. im just saying ya'll should get some real "staffs" who do help new players, or any other player that needs help. not just mods who do their job but never have time for a new player, or others.

THANKS!

Insomnom

Excuse me for upholding the rules.  ::)
And yes, he did. I was also there.

Anyhow, thank you for remaking the topic in a civil manner, I appreciate it.

I'd rather hope no one feels "scared" towards me or anyone else. I'm always encouraging people to speak their minds or talk to staff about issues.
If you hadn't quit and only returned for classic like everyone else, you would see that in some of my posts.  Communication is vital in /anything/.. which is why I'm replying to this now. =D

The mods that were demoted were mostly demoted for inactivity.  There's no reason to keep someone around when they aren't, you know, around..
For the others, there are just certain things you don't know (and don't need to know). Just as there's certain things /I/ don't know.
Jeremy's and Ryan's decisions are their own and they do it for the good of the site.  If you have issues with specific moderators or admins for abusing power, being assholes or anything of the such you can speak directly to one of them and they'll take care of it- I promise you that.

The mods we have now do their job just fine, anyway.
Mute has always done a great job on the forums and continues to do so.
The new player mods are showing exceptional growth and the old ones haven't changed much.
As for the admins, they do their own work that usually helps benefit the site as a whole. They're not in-game most of the time, but don't mind you PMing them if you have an issue, I'm sure.

Basically, you want everyone in game giving direction to new players? That's not the job of ANY of the staff members.
If anything, that duty would go towards player moderators.. but they're not required to do that- though I know they do as I've witnessed it first hand multiple times.  Just because they actually play the game and have fun themselves, instead of sitting in Lumby giving everything away and jumping at the chance to talk to a new person, doesn't mean they don't help anyone out.

Just because you don't like the change in hands, doesn't mean the staff isn't doing what they should.
You've been back for how long? And you've already made this decision.. :\
Quote from: masterp82 on February 19, 2011, 11:01:51 PM
haven't you guys noticed we always complain about something? we should all just be happy for once, for god's sake!

Also, you have to remember that the staff is made up of PEOPLE. People have lives and, more importantly, people MAKE MISTAKES.
Which is why, once again, I say.. if you have an issue with a specific member tell an admin why. So long as it's logical, your word will not be ignored.
However, you should keep all of this in mind and just try to be civil.
It doesn't help at all when we're running around shouting about how things are wrong or unfair or stupid. ^^
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

masterp82

damn, to tell you the truth, i got kind of lost in the middle...too many words lol, sorry. but yeah i guess it makes sense. well anyways, SINCE IT'S NOT A MODERATOR'S OR ADMIN'S DUTY TO HELP OTHER PLAYERS.....ANY NEW PLAYER OR ANY PLAYER OUT THERE THAT NEEDS ANY HELP FEEL FREE TO ADD D1STORTOR AND PM ME. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU ALL OUT! i just came back 3 days ago, and i got a feeling imma no life this like i used to lol. so yeah guys, add me and pm me for any questions. i always got time for anyone that actually needs help. (don't worry i will not ban you or mute you like staff does, i'll just try my best to help)

Insomnom

Not surprising.
I guess you stopped before the important bits (such as my saying that they /do/ help others).
Or didn't understand the concept that is "everyone has their part". Ah well.
You're entitled to feel sore.

Edit: The bad thing is, you attacked me personally for disagreeing/doing my job saying "thats what i mean by new staff just being jerks".. and yet when you played Blitz you clung to me like a lost child in a supermarket. I know good and well I helped you out quite a bit- and not even in things just related to WSB. I guess you don't remember our Skype chats either.  So good luck being vindictive towards all the new staff, for whatever reason.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

masterp82

jaz, go check your post first...you called me a jerk off. so plz, dont come here saying that i disrespected you because i wouldn't disrespect anyone that has actually showed me respect. btw, i did read that part. and what you told me was, that admins or mods dont have to help others.they are just there to do their job but its not their duty to help others. and btw, by new staff, i didnt mean you  -.- i meant the admins that came out of no where, and all these people who think they are all that just because they are mods. the only mod i see that actually treats other equally and actually helps out new players that needs help is "Amanda Xo".(btw, if you remembered correctly it was you the one asking for help) i being having a bad day and i really dont feel like arguing right now so plz...just dont post or post something that will actually...nvm. w.e.

Insomnom

Quote from: Insomnom date=1298169408
You're allowed to rant.
You're not allowed to be a complete jerk or, as Drunk Mario said, say certain people need to be admins.
Chaos STEEPED DOWN from being an admin, FYI. He wasn't demoted.
Feel free to make another topic if you're going to rant in a productive way.
But for now, this is getting locked.

1. I did not call you a "jerk off". I said you're not allowed to be a complete jerk. Which was not calling you a jerk, either. It was implying your actions were leaning towards being a jerk to the people you were complaining about.
2. You did disrespect me, as evident of your first post. But I'm not bothered with it- it's beside the entire point. This isn't about me, it's about everyone.
3. Dug is rather new as well, and does help others out a lot. Three days is not near enough time to get to know these people.
     --3a. The new admins? You haven't been around to speak to them. How could they have been rude to you?
4. Make moar sense. I've never asked Amanda for help. o.0
    --4a. If you were talking about Skype.. I have chat logs. I don't need good memory.
5. It's only an argument if you make it one. I'm was trying to discuss this with you peacefully. Now I'll just make bullet points, if you want this to be an argument. =(

Made by Pride.

masterp82

you know jaz...i dont feel like arguing, so you know what, how about we stop arguing and let others post their thingies and me and you just forget about this. because really, my head hurts, had a long day and i dont feel like arguing with someone right now. so this argument its now over.

Insomnom

If you don't want to argue, then stop posting. =D
And I'm not stopping anyone from contributing. ^^

Made by Pride.

Jeremy

Excuse me.

If you are to imply that my Moderators are doing their job, and that infact they do enforce the rules then thank you. I will move this thread to compliments, and close it.

Thank you for posting, and I hope to see you in the game soon.

: )
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-