News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

No Updates!

Started by TROLOLOLOLOL, February 02, 2011, 09:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TROLOLOLOLOL

Ok really, it's been like a month since the Christmas event and it isn't even in game anymore!! Can you guys PLEASE update SOMETHING?

Now don't be the smartass to comment saying that they're busy with the new desert treasure quest, because they can work on other things besides that!

Notice Jagex's strategy: They release tons of small updates weekly, keeping their players happy and occupied. Then they release a huge update.

Notice Ryan's strategy: He makes huge updates like once in a while. Everyone does them in like a day or two, and they go back to doing the same old thing for a long time til the next big update.

Now I am NOT saying Ryan is a bad coder or anything even close to that, but I really think it would be nice if you kept us busy with smaller updates while you take your time on the bigger ones.

So please, please please please please please PLEASE, consider this!

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Program on February 02, 2011, 09:10:21 PM
I'd be inclined to agree with you, however you must realize that the developers have lives other than making Worldscape. When they're not working on bugfixes they're probably doing something else IRL.

Eh.. Like he said, it's been over a month. And on Ryan's Skype, he says he's, "Currently mass-producing a Minecraft Beta Server"
It appears he has time on his hands, he's just not putting it towards the server.
Truth is simple; mankind makes it complicated.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Program on February 02, 2011, 09:14:44 PM
Quote from: I K3 Dubstep on February 02, 2011, 09:13:18 PM
Quote from: Program on February 02, 2011, 09:10:21 PM
I'd be inclined to agree with you, however you must realize that the developers have lives other than making Worldscape. When they're not working on bugfixes they're probably doing something else IRL.

Eh.. Like he said, it's been over a month. And on Ryan's Skype, he says he's, "Currently mass-producing a Minecraft Beta Server"
It appears he has time on his hands, he's just not putting it towards the server.
Ah, sounds like I didn't know the whole story; I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I haven't been in-game much recently.
We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Maybe we'll have to boycott the server again to get Ryan to add an update.
Truth is simple; mankind makes it complicated.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Ry60003333

Quote from: I K3 Dubstep on February 02, 2011, 09:13:18 PM
Yes I am, and that and school combined haven't left me with much time to do real work. :-[ But I have released small bugfix updates every once and a while, but those generally go unnoticed because they don't have a huge impact on the game.

I'll try to get some kind of update out, like maybe a basic form of fletching or something. :D
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

TROLOLOLOLOL

Ryan please don't release the whole fletching in 1 update. Start with simple things like making arrows, and eventually work your way up to the whole skill. Cuz in RS it definitely didn't start as it is now. Basically I'm asking you to spread out your big updates. PLEASE! Unless it's absolutely necessary that you release it all in one, please please please spread it out.

Sad Panda

Also, could you update the login server or whatever that is?

TROLOLOLOLOL

Login server should restart every 24 hrs like it did in Classic...

Pk0wnedall

Quote from: TROLOLOLOLOL on February 02, 2011, 11:33:53 PM
Login server should restart every 24 hrs like it did in Classic...
Yeah, It should. So players don't get screwed and can't play.

Also,

I think release the whole fletching in 1 update, It'd be better all together!

Dug

1) I agree with pk0wnedall.
2) Troll you fail to realize one difference between rs and here, RS has at least 10 coders to come up with new ideas\designs\weaponry\ armory as such but here Ryan's the main coder that sorts everything up but he does get help from other staff that lives near him. If you want small updates followed by larger ones, i suggest you spend 1 year learning everything there is about coding save up some money buy a trailer and live outside Ryan's house but that would be considered in a way "stocking".
I'm not offending you just pointing out the obvious.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Voltimolt

Actually learning the whole brain of the guy who made java won't even help Ryan.
Its his code, only he can code this server. Not even the best server's coder can help ryan.

TROLOLOLOLOL

No damnit pk0! That would just be another giant update! People would be able to do everything, they would get 99 and they'd be bored. At least start simple so people can get bored after about a week, then release more of it in a week. It keeps players occupied longer and keeps them playing. If they released the whole skill at once, people would play for about a week to get 99, then they would be bored and go back to doing the same thing. You guys really don't get it.

Sad Panda

Uhmmmm I support TROLOLOLOLOL... He is just righting all over you guys..

TROLOLOLOLOL

Thank you! Finally someone who understands..

Dug

I understand what you're going at but some recent news has come up about classic so when people use forums they'll be encouraged to work on both classic and blitz(most people)
so Ryan will probably be working on blitz the most but he also has to monitor classic on a weekly basis maybe so he might have more work on his hands. :(
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

gomes97

what updates????? some updates make the game better...

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner