News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

COD Black Ops: Zombies Guide; Solo; Kino Der Toten

Started by Kryptonite, January 29, 2011, 02:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

Hey guys. I understand that the "Read Before You Post!" topic states that this board is only for WSB or computer-related guides, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get by with posting this, considering WSB is a game, COD is a game, and I bet a lot of people out there play COD anyway. If this really isn't allowed though, I'm sorry.

Well, first off, this guide is only how to SOLO zombies. Also note that I am not someone like Machinima or something who knows absolutely everything about every game, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

~ ~ ~ Starting the Game ~ ~ ~

The first thing you want to do when you start Zombies is buy a quick revive. Just go right of where you start and buy one for $500 from the blue machine that says Quick Revive. After that, just be patient and wait for the zombies to start breaking in. Kind of run around from window to window until you start seeing them tearing apart boards. To kill them, use your knife. On round 1, you will kill the zombies in 1 hit with your knife. Once round 1 ends, buy an Olympia from the wall to the right of where you start for $500. Don't use it yet! When you start seeing zombies again in round 2, continue to kill them with your knife. It will take 2 hits with a knife in order to kill one, so just stab it, back away, move forward, and stab it again.

Once round 3 has started, don't bother using your knife anymore. Use the Olympia to kill zombies on round 3. Aim at their chest. Each shot is a 1-hit kill. On round 4, do the same thing. If you notice that you're starting to get overran by zombies, go to the door on the left upstairs and open it. Run into the room backwards so you can still see the zombies coming at you and keep shooting at them. When round 4 is over, open the other door and go down the staircase. Be sure to hurry though, because round 5 could be a dog level.

So after running down the first staircase, you will be in this big room. Go right and hurry down the stairs. Buy the MP4D off the wall for $1000. If you hear weird, creepy, dramatic music, followed by a creepy voice saying "FETCH ME THEIR SOULS!", you know you're on a dog round. These levels are very easy if you know how to do them. They may take some getting used to though. If round 5 is a dog round, just run around the room a lot and shoot the dogs with the MP4D until they die. Only 2 dogs can be spawned at a time. When you kill a dog, run away as far as possible and reload. If you have to reload while fighting a dog, you'll probably get owned. You will know you have killed the last dog because it will drop a Max Ammo thing. After this, the dogs will come every 5 rounds, and the last one will continue to drop Max Ammo.
NOTE: Dogs do not always come at round 5. They come on either 5, 6, 7, or I think possibly 8.

So now, you just kind of need to shoot at all the zombies coming into the room with the MP4D. If you notice the zombies starting to overrun you, quickly open the wooden door to the left of the MP4D. Run in backwards so you can still shoot at the zombies coming toward you. If you are getting overran in this room too, you can still open the next door in that room. You will have to do this anyway.

Now that you have opened the door to the stage, run around all the boxes and crap and turn on the power with the switch. As soon as you do this, run inside of where the curtain is opening up. If you have $2500 or more, run all the way across the room until you come to the doorway that leads back to the room you start in. Run to the right of that door and buy Juggernog from the red machine for $2500. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!! As you are drinking the Juggernog, run out the doorway into the first room.

Now you have opened enough doors so you can take laps around the whole building. This is extremely useful, and you probably won't make it past round 15 - 20 if you don't do this. Keep taking laps, letting a ton of zombies pile up behind you. Oh, and be careful of the crawling ones that have green gas coming out of them. When you kill them, they explode and leave a cloud of nova gas where they died. Going through this will blur your vision. Once you have a ton of zombies chasing you, turn around and shoot them with the MP4D. Good places to turn around to shoot them are:

- Right when you go up the right staircase in the starting room
- The hallway between the two rooms past the first door you were told to open up
- The middle of the right staircase in the room with the MP4D
- Right when you get out of the dressing room (the room that you came out of before you turned the power on)
- The top of the staircase that goes to the first room

So using these tactics, you should be able to get to round 10 or 11 quite easily. Once you pass the second dog round, you will need to activate the teleporter. It's that big pod thing... You'll know what I'm talking about. Go inside of it whenever there aren't any zombies around and link it to the pad. Then run back to the starting room and link the teleporting pad. You will now be able to teleport to this little room when you go into that pod. Do this at least once per round during the middle of the round. Go to the window and wait until all the zombies gather in a group. Throw all of your grenades at them and shoot them with the MP4D until you are forced out. It is impossible to take damage doing this, unless you miss and throw the grenade into the room you're standing in.

You'll probably be able to get to around round 15 easily. After the third dog round, you should have a decent sum of money. Find the mystery box. It's a big rectangular box with question marks on it. It costs $950 per try. It's in a completely random room, and the little board things with the green lights above the piles of boxes with the teddy bears can tell you the exact location of the box, as long as you have the power on. Try the box for $950. Keep trying until you either:

a) get the thundergun
b) get the ray gun
c) run low on money. Like $3000 or lower.

If you don't get the thundergun or raygun, DO NOT take whatever is in the box. Well, unless you get the monkey. If you get the monkey, take it. It doesn't take up your weapon and you get 3 of them. They're basically grenades. When you throw them, all of the zombies will walk toward it, and then it will explode, killing the zombies.

The ray gun is a little red gun. When you get it, it has like 160 ammo. It shoots green rings and does a lot of damage. It should kill the zombies in 1 hit.

The thundergun.. Well... You will just know when you get it. It's a big-ass cannon and it's the most amazing gun you can possibly get. It comes with 12 ammo and 2 round-magazines. It literally shoots thunder at the zombies. If you had like 20 zombies chasing you, this gun could literally just wipe them all out in one blow. It launches them back and kills them, which is EXTREMELY helpful for clearing a path and stuff.

Note: When taking a ray gun/thundergun, be sure NOT to have you MP4D equipped when you take it. Because then you'll be stuck with an Olympia and a ray gun or thundergun, which isn't very helpful. However, if you are lucky enough to get both guns, be sure to take them both. So don't give up the thundergun for a ray gun, or vise versa. Having them both is the best advantage you can possibly have.

So after taking more laps, shooting zombies with MP4D to get a ton of money, throwing grenades at zombies from the teleporter, and occasionally launching zombies out of your way with a thundergun, you should be getting pretty far.

After you have used all the ammo up on your ray/thunder gun, and the dog levels aren't coming up very soon, run back into the teleporter. Make sure you have $5000. Teleport to that little room and behind you, you will see a pack-a-punch machine. Pack-a-punch your thunder/ray gun for $5000.

The pack-a-punched ray gun will give it 200 ammunition and a 40 mag size. It will also turn the fire red and it will do more damage and increase the radius of the blasts. This is definitely required in rounds 25+.

The pack-a-punched thundergun becomes the zeus cannon. This will change the gun to have 24 ammunition and 4 mag size. The blasts will also do more damage and the radius is increased. This is, BY FAR, the most helpful gun to have. If you have a ray gun and thunder gun, definitely pack-a-punch the thundergun first. This is the only weapon that could take out 30 - 40 zombies in a single shot.

When coming across the dog levels in later rounds, if you have the thundergun or zeus cannon, be sure to use it on the dogs. The MP4D will start to do very little damage on them, and even the ray gun might start to become less effective. But the thundergun/zeus cannon is a one-shot kill for the dogs. And of course, you don't need to worry about wasting all of its ammo because the dogs always give you Max Ammo.

The final thing you need to know about is setting traps. There are 3 traps you can set when doing laps. One is by the doorway that leads to the first room, one is in the hallway between the two rooms after the first door you open, and the last is in the dressing room. They cost $1000 each to set, and they are also EXTREMELY helpful. Set one up whenever you can, just be sure not to go completely broke. You never know when you might die and having to re-buy quick revive and juggernog, which is another $3000 gone. Chances are if you die and you can't buy a quick-revive or juggernog right away, you're pretty much done playing.

A hint about the thundergun/zeus cannon is to only use it when you absolutely have to. Save it for when zombies are cornering you and you need to get away. Otherwise you will use all your ammo and you'll be screwed.

So basically, once you get to round 25 - 30+, just keep taking laps, setting traps, turning around from time to time to shoot zombies, use the thundergun/zeus cannon when there are tons of zombies behind you or you're getting cornered, go into the teleporter once per round to throw grenades at zombies, and be sure that when a round is almost over, use that time to let the teleporter and traps recharge, and re-build the barriers. Basically prepare for the next round.

Well, I hope this guide helped you guys. It took a bit of time to make. Please leave your comments about it.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Pk0wnedall

Nice guide, Could come in handy. But i already know how to do zombies. :) Nice effort on guide though!

Kryptonite

Quote from: Pk0wnedall on January 29, 2011, 06:48:06 AM
Nice guide, Could come in handy. But i already know how to do zombies. :) Nice effort on guide though!

Thanks. :) I've clearly improved a lot since that quote in your signature ;)

weed

Pk0wnedall

Quote from: Kryptonite on January 29, 2011, 10:13:07 AM
Quote from: Pk0wnedall on January 29, 2011, 06:48:06 AM

Thanks. :) I've clearly improved a lot since that quote in your signature ;)
Haahaaha True, We should play a match together some time. Read your PM.

IvyX

I recommend the M14 on the first round since it will possibly give you more points. For example: Olympia at a zombie= 1 hit, 70 points. M14= 3 hits, 10+10+60 points= 80 points (EXAMPLE).

Kryptonite

Quote from: IvyX on January 31, 2011, 03:36:18 AM
I recommend the M14 on the first round since it will possibly give you more points. For example: Olympia at a zombie= 1 hit, 70 points. M14= 3 hits, 10+10+60 points= 80 points (EXAMPLE).

Dude.. Knife on first round = 130 points. As I said above, don't use any guns for the first or second round.

weed

Dug

'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

TROLOLOLOLOL

Aww you noob...

And are you sure this won't work for ps3?

Voltimolt

This is a really good guide,
This doesn't differ with Wii or PS3(<<the best) as Mute said.

Drunk Mario

Good job with this guide. This will help some people a lot. Props for taking the time to write this and get the facts. :D

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Kryptonite

Thanks. I gotta give credit to my friend who is addicted to Zombies and helped me out though.

weed

M I K E