News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

[Quick Guide]How to speed your computer

Started by Voltimolt, January 17, 2011, 05:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltimolt

Does your computer take a long time to load up to get going? I did, in fact mine took about 5 minutes to load up, all because of the programs setted by my computer manufactor 'Toshiba'. This process takes a little of your time, the video is only 42 seconds!!!

So just sit back and watch a very short video I made, view my youtube channel also! It's got other helpful guides for your computer!

This is safe! However some prorgams you need to manually start up yourself such as Windows Live Messenger, or Skype! or some programs needed ticked because that software is needed to start up your computer!

I have vouches from 2 of my friends in real life.
QuoteI'm trying out your video!Brb 2 minutes later! Bro its much better!
The next vouch is from my funny sarcasm friend
QuoteBro Andy! My computer takes 2 years to load! I said: Well, I'll make it 1 year!, so i do the video on his laptop he says: BROO!! YOU MADE IT FASTER!! 6 MONTHS!!

EDIT: Please take note of this:
Quote from: Program on February 02, 2011, 09:52:15 PM
This could mess some things up though. For example, the first thing on my startup list is 'Windows Defender'. Well geez, that's protecting my computer -_-
If you're going to do this, I strongly recommend that you go through everything on the list and make sure that there won't be any negative effects if it's disabled.

Shadows

"Rubes"

zokian

wow all your videos are 1 day old and ones 14 hours old oh and btw nice name on youtube  :P
Oh and good guide i didn't do thought cause my computer is as fast as a fox :)
lawl

Dug

"Thanks"
Honestly there should be a thanks button as well as respect, they seem to be the same thing but not according to me...
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Voltimolt

The vouches may look fake but they're actually real.
I wouldn't lie just to ruin your computer.

Jake

Quote from: Mute on January 18, 2011, 04:38:48 PM
Or, you could be like me and not download hundreds of stuff, which means you wouldn't need to use this. :P
(I've had this copy of Windows XP running for about 3 months now, and it boots up just as quickly as it did when I first installed it.)

This is what I follow ^.^

What exactly is it changing? Does it change anything else besides the boot up time?

Voltimolt

It'll stop what ever applications/software should be starting up, so all the computer power will go to loading the computer.
Then manually load your applications after start up.

I've also researched my computer that during the time where it says "Starting Windows", Its actually starting up drivers, so disabling some of the useless ones can speed up a little. This process can be reversed at any time.

Pk0wnedall

Thanks Andy, I did this and it seems to be working faster!

TROLOLOLOLOL

You really put a lot of time and effort into everything you do, and I respect you for that. Although I can't respect you yet..

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Program on February 02, 2011, 09:52:15 PM
This could mess some things up though. For example, the first thing on my startup list is 'Windows Defender'. Well geez, that's protecting my computer -_-
If you're going to do this, I strongly recommend that you go through everything on the list and make sure that there won't be any negative effects if it's disabled.
Thanks for this post. It probably just saved me a whole crap load of stuff. :P

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Voltimolt

Quote from: Voltimolt on January 17, 2011, 05:02:15 AM
This is safe! However some prorgams you need to manually start up yourself such as Windows Live Messenger, or Skype! or some programs needed ticked because that software is needed to start up your computer!

Yehh I warned. :D I'm glad i helped everyone make their computer start up faster.

Voltimolt

Quote from: Program on February 19, 2011, 02:21:07 PM
Honestly though, there needs to be a warning or something at the top of the thread.. this could jeopardize your system's security. Like, if you disable your anti virus...

I turned off my anti-virus from that msconfig and had no problems. Its impossible for me to get viruses. I dunno why.
But If people were to wanting to stop their anti-virus from starting then this is want they can do.

I'll also put a warning on top of the thread.