News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

We really need this

Started by Voltimolt, January 12, 2011, 07:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltimolt

We need the option "Guest must login to see content" checked on this SMF forums.
Its must need! There are more guests then member being online!

M I K E

I hate to register and then play..

Gotta register, takes time, and maybe the servier isnt worth it?

Insomnom

I disagree.
A lot of people will browse the forums to see if the community is right for them.
If you can't browse without registering and logging in it acts as a deterrent to possible new members.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Dug

Quote from: Mute on January 12, 2011, 03:01:47 PM
HOWEVER.
Whilst this suggested feature may not be needed, another one is.
At this current time, you can sign up without a valid email address.
So, I could create another account, and it's email could be: [email protected]
As such, that creates room for spambots to sign up in a second.

:o THAT IS A DISADVANTAGE WHICH SHOULD PROBABLY BE A MUST TO FIX(in the future) :o
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Sad Panda

Well this is a bad idea in my suggestion. If you have been to places where I have been, and presumably where Ryan has been, you'd see topics that prove it's stupid to do this.

Voltimolt

Quote from: Mute on January 12, 2011, 03:01:47 PM
HOWEVER.
Whilst this suggested feature may not be needed, another one is.

At this current time, you can sign up without a valid email address.
So, I could create another account, and it's email could be: [email protected]
As such, that creates room for spambots to sign up in a second.

Sorry for bumping but its getting ridiculous having more guests then logged in members and not having an active community, seriously I'll do whatever it takes for the option to get set.
as for the email [email protected], theres an option in the registration control panel for people to have activated their accounts via email to beable to login.

An unactive community with almost no players for the hardworking ryan might even shut down, I tell him almost everytime to advertise his server on the Major RSPS Community toplist and server status.

Insomnom

Even if we DO force people to sign up to be able to read the comments here, that doesn't mean they'll be active within the community.
Chances are they'll sign up, read what they want and just go about their way. Either posting or not posting.. like any guest would do anyway.

Wait. Let me stress that.
Like they would anyway.
If they want to post, they WILL sign up to post.

'nd then, with those who don't post- we have a lot more junk accounts laying around. Yay.
Having more "members" online than guests doesn't mean anything at all if those "members" are just a bunch of people who were forced to sign up to read something, but don't become active.

These things help in larger communities.. Not a setting like this. In my opinion, anyway.

Edit: Forgot to add- I agree with making sure you have a valid email to sing up with.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Voltimolt

But I kinda like those "junk" cause theres nothing else to do if you're me in this world besides read WorldScape.
Otherwise I'd be programming but I'm in the read-y mood most of the time.

Pk0wnedall

This could be a good idea i think, Because it will stop spambots. Anyway, It's Ryan and Jeremy's decision.

Insomnom

I don't think you understand me.
The "junk" accounts wont give you anything to read because they wont be posting.
They just sign up to read what they can't read because of the restriction.

Made by Pride.

TROLOLOLOLOL

Sad Panda

I'm just gonna say this since you guys don't understand all that well. Jazmine and Luke will be right about almost anything that they post about on here. Look at rule number one on this topic.

Voltimolt

Quote from: Killer Panda on February 05, 2011, 03:15:26 PM
I'm just gonna say this since you guys don't understand all that well. Jazmine and Luke will be right about almost anything that they post about on here. Look at rule number one on this topic.

Thank you! Exactly my point.

Insomnom

Are you being sarcastic or did you just not bother reading anything?

Made by Pride.

Sad Panda

I think it's the second one... In one ear eye out the other... errr... yeah...