News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

EXP Locking System;

Started by I K3 Dubstep, January 05, 2011, 05:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I K3 Dubstep

Sadly, there's a bug\glitch\whatever you wish to categorize it is where when you view your weapon's attack style, it'll say one thing, but train another. For example; When my account was 1 Defence I attemped a combo using the Obsidian Maul. I switched to the maul, attacked the person, and ended up 1-hitting my way to 13 Defence. On the attack style, it said that I was on the option that trains my Strength. I obviously wasn't. The same thing happened again, and now my account has 41 Defence rather than 40. So what i'm suggesting is an EXP Locking System, so that pures\regular players in general don't ruin their accounts' stats due to some petty little bug\glitch.
Truth is simple; mankind makes it complicated.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Pk0wnedall

I support this, I also support the bug being fixed.

Daxking

Yeah, I think Ryan would proably end up adding this anyways, but Support.  :D

Sad Panda

Definitely support! Will the code be something like ::lock[skill]?

I K3 Dubstep

That's what I assume. It'd probably be the simplest way to lock your skill.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

M I K E

BIG SUPPORT!

That would make pures be able to pk and kill monsters for drops without gaining exp ya..

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: M I K E on January 06, 2011, 08:04:28 AM
BIG SUPPORT!

That would make pures be able to pk and kill monsters for drops without gaining exp ya..

If you're a pure and want to kill NPC's, use a Dragon Scimitar. d:
I mainly brought this up due to the bug where you end up training a skill you weren't intending to train, thus ruining your account(Since there's no way to fix your stats, even when it's not your fault.)

Francis

Support

I support this because i'm having alot of trouble trying to train strength, i'm training strength, i lagg or something, then it goes back to training attack even when i didn't choose a different weapon style. I wasted a few hours of my time all together in my time of training because i was training the WRONG skill.
Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!

Sad Panda

You can just ask Ryan or Jeremy to set your stats lower..

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Killer Panda on January 06, 2011, 07:51:19 PM
You can just ask Ryan or Jeremy to set your stats lower..

They won't edit your stats.

Sad Panda

They have for many people in the past. They won't tinker them and make it go up, but they'll send it down.

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Killer Panda on January 06, 2011, 09:18:14 PM
They have for many people in the past. They won't tinker them and make it go up, but they'll send it down.

So if I announce that Ryan edits your stats down, and everyone bombards him with PM's, think he'll do it?
You have to realize that if a few people get it, and that gets out, everyone's gonna ask for it. That's why they should add the EXP Locking System, so people don't have to rely on Ryan.

Sad Panda

Ryan gets bombarded by numerous things. Why is this different then the other things? Besides, if you want to get those stats back then make a new account. Don't forget; it's just a game.

I K3 Dubstep

Getting bombarded by random, irrelevant things, and then getting bombarded by people who wants their stats changed(which takes them saying their wanted Exp, then having to change it), aren't things that can be considered the same.
And let's say you were 99-99-1, and then all of a sudden you're 99-99-13. Sure, it's just a game, but that's extremely discouraging, and now you have to get 99 Attack and Strength all over again.
And honestly, people who care about their accounts might just rage quit and find another server, where their accounts won't mess up. That's a loss of players, regardless if it's minor\major.

Dug

Some items need to be fixed aswell... when i set the guthans spear on lunge\swipe\pound it trains all 3 melle skills but block works just fine..
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..