News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Need some help d:

Started by I K3 Dubstep, January 12, 2011, 12:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I K3 Dubstep

So I was downloading something and it's in .jar file, which is good, since i'm on a Mac.
The only problem is, when I try to open it, I get the message, "The jar file "BlahBlahBlah.jar" couldn't be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages"

Does  anyone know how I can fix this and make it so I can run this?
Truth is simple; mankind makes it complicated.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Insomnom

If you post the contents of the error messages within the error console, I'm sure someone could help you better.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

I K3 Dubstep

What do you mean by the error console?

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Insomnom

Go to your utilities and then to console, I believe.
I don't have a Mac here so I can't double check..

Once/if you find it look in the log files for the error(s) that was/were generated when the java failure happend.
If you can't find the error(s), just try to load up the .jar file again and then look in the logs for the new error(s).

Then post whatever it says here so someone can pinpoint your problem easier. =D
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Kryptonite

Terminal

java -jar (drag jar file here)

OR

java -jar -Xmx512m (drag jar file here)

If that doesn't work let me know.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

I K3 Dubstep

Hopefully this isn't too long of a message, but I did what Kryptonite told me to do, and I got this;
macintosh-2:~ Kevin$ java -jar -Xmx512m/Users/Kevin/Desktop/Emps-Scape\ .jar
Warning: Incorrect memory size qualifier: m/Users/Kevin/Desktop/Emps-Scape .jar Treating it as m
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -client       to select the "client" VM
    -server       to select the "server" VM
    -jvm          is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
    -hotspot      is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
                  The default VM is client.

-cp <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
    -classpath <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
                  A : separated list of directories, JAR archives,
                  and ZIP archives to search for class files.
    -D<name>=<value>
                  set a system property
    -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
                  enable verbose output
    -version      print product version and exit
    -version:<value>
                  require the specified version to run
    -showversion  print product version and continue
    -jre-restrict-search | -jre-no-restrict-search
                  include/exclude user private JREs in the version search
    -? -help      print this help message
    -X            print help on non-standard options
    -ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
    -enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
                  enable assertions
    -da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
    -disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
                  disable assertions
    -esa | -enablesystemassertions
                  enable system assertions
    -dsa | -disablesystemassertions
                  disable system assertions
    -agentlib:<libname>[=<options>]
                  load native agent library <libname>, e.g. -agentlib:hprof
                    see also, -agentlib:jdwp=help and -agentlib:hprof=help
    -agentpath:<pathname>[=<options>]
                  load native agent library by full pathname
    -javaagent:<jarpath>[=<options>]
                  load Java programming language agent, see java.lang.instrument
Sadly, i'm still not able to use the .jar file I wanted.

I K3 Dubstep

And Mute, can you just send me a link to the video?

I K3 Dubstep

That's what I meant, like, a youtube link.
But anyways, nothing special happened when I added the space, a lot of stuff came up again, but I still can't rune the .jar file.

Voltimolt

Mute you could always resize the video smaller to youtube 360p size and have a great difference in file size.

Insomnom

Pretty sure VLC can convert them, but I'm not sure of how good it is at it.
I'd test but I don't have any .MOVs just .AVIs, .MKVs and such.

Made by Pride.

Dug

And because..
Quote from: Insomnom on January 12, 2011, 01:34:22 AM
.I don't have a Mac here so I can't double check..
::)
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Insomnom

Quote from: dug on January 12, 2011, 10:07:06 PM
And because..
Quote from: Insomnom on January 12, 2011, 01:34:22 AM
.I don't have a Mac here so I can't double check..
And because..
::)

VLC is not Mac-exclusive. I use it all the time.

Anyway. On topic, please.

Made by Pride.