News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

So...?

Started by Sad Panda, December 06, 2010, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sad Panda

Does anyone know why the forum was down for a few days?

Sad Panda

It could have just been a crash I guess... I don't think it would last 36 +/- if it was a crash though..

Ry60003333

It was actually a failure of one of the hard drives that holds the website, but we didn't lose anything because I have two drives that are mirrored to each other just in case one fails. 8)

Now I just have to buy a replacement before the remaining one fails and we actually lose things. :o
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Sad Panda

How much does one cost?

Dug

'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Pk0wnedall

Ryan Probably had a 3TB one. :P

zokian

is there a reason that it failed?
lawl

Pk0wnedall

Quote from: Ry60003333 on December 06, 2010, 08:36:26 PM
It was actually a failure of one of the hard drives that holds the website, but we didn't lose anything because I have two drives that are mirrored to each other just in case one fails. 8)

Now I just have to buy a replacement before the remaining one fails and we actually lose things. :o

Sad Panda

Jack, your trying to act smart by reposting what Ryan said like he'd already answered it. Uhmmmm wrong. It just says that it failed. 25 pounds is like 38 dollars I'm pretty sure.... Are you guys at 1.5 dollars per? It's 500gigs at the max though, Jack. It's only text on here. Some video and pictures, but not very much.

Ry60003333

I actually got two 2 TB hard drives to replace the current mirror, but the problem is I would have to take the site down again to clone from the remaining 1 TB drive to the new 2 TB mirrored drives. :-[

But I don't think I'll run out of storage anytime soon:
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Sad Panda

How long would it take to clone it? It's only about 2gigs of info, right?

brianc

Hello,

Nice server specifications you got there, Ryan.

Regards to the Forums being down, It happens sometimes, like Ryan said, it was hard-drive failure.

Also, the Forums may be down sometimes due to Forum Updates.

When Ryan gets a bit bored and wants to spice up the Forum, if you know what I mean.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

Sad Panda

I suppose that it was down for a bit while they were adding a portal. And going on what Luke said, why not just surprise us with it?