News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Player amount discussion

Started by Plastick2, November 28, 2010, 06:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plastick2

Everytime i found server which focus on old rs style 2004,2005 it always had few players playing. I want open discussion why don't people join these servers even if they have best host, staff, source etc.

My opinion - most of players are around 14 age and they want action with new items that hit 90, new graphics which is friendly to them as they are young and staff positions open for them means they join.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Plastick2

Kryptonite

You would understand if you were here for longer.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Sad Panda

Yep. We did actually have a lot of players once. A lot of them left because of two reasons. The first being that Classic was supposedly OVER 9000 times better. The second being that a ton of the big players, such as Matt, Steve, Travis, and myself, left.

Plastick2

Quote from: Killer Panda on November 28, 2010, 01:33:09 PM
Yep. We did actually have a lot of players once. A lot of them left because of two reasons. The first being that Classic was supposedly OVER 9000 times better. The second being that a ton of the big players, such as Matt, Steve, Travis, and myself, left.

Okay. Thank you, i didn't know anything this server's history. Classic was RSClassic ?  Tbh i love ♥♥♥ this server because it reminds me old times when i was 12 and used to play old style rs, where i had to cut willows and sell them 25gp ea to make money for rune axe. Not like servers these days, where you only PK with custom items and hit 98. I hate these servers. Servers with economy are best. Like this one. The problem is most players don't know about this server and leave it just because of low amount of players  :-\ .
Are there any plans of major changes or not? Like other source or whatever.

Sad Panda

Classic was the previous version of this game. It was good, but if anything Blitz is as good or better. Classic didn't have a stable economy which is why everyone liked it. In Classic things like cooked lobsters were uncommon to rare. There weren't many monsters you could fight, many usable shops, nearly no stairs or doors worked. Overall Blitz is just better from the foundation up.

The only other major change was back in May and June when a bunch of people left. Thebestofpk, Steve, chose to be banned. Zaaa, Matt, chose to be banned. Volcanic Me, Travis, got banned for power abuse. Ryan7, Ryan, got banned for power abuse. Banjo Hick, me, got banned for trolling on forums and minor implications in game. Hubby, Mark, got banned for hacking. I Poon I, Wyatt, got banned for a bunch of things. Some other people left too, and, in turn, a lot of people left with them. Before that there were only a few major absences. There were maybe 20 major players that left before then, and then all of the sudden 10 people were gone with in two months.

Ry60003333

The main reason we switched away from Classic is because it was so buggy and unstable, and extremely hard to add content to. It was one of the regular WinterLove-based sources from MoparScape, and if you've ever looked at them you know how much of a mess they are.

Blitz is a professional server architecture that I designed that can even be used for more then just RuneScape servers, and it easily allows us to rapidly develop stable, working content for the game. It also scales up to large player amount incredibly well, supporting the real 2,000 players on a world just like RuneScape does, as well as supporting multiple worlds to allow for even more players. If you haven't seen the video where we test the server with the 2,000 bots, here it is:

This video also includes footage of the server's multiple client protocol support, which means that we can add Worlds for people that like using clients with newer graphics will still supporting the old 317 that you like. :)
The full list of client revisions that Blitz has support for are: 317,459,474,508,562, and 613 w/ 614 cache. 8)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Stephi

Many players left because the Blitz had a longer time to level up than classic, easier ways to make money (though money was kind of useless back then), good pking, and people having a lot of rares.

So cute :3
Best Achievement
1:#1 135 fishing.

Plastick2

Thank you for your post and explanation. I thought it is something special when i saw Allgofree Checking for updates etc. and 2000 players amount. But i got one technical question: Where is the server located? I'm asking because i got always delay on server - i click somewhere and it takes about 1 second before it walks there. Even when i eat it fills my hp after delay - about 1sec.¨

And great job on this source and 2k players stability.

Ry60003333

Yeah unfortunately that is true. :P

This is why we reintroduced some of Classic's features such as the free teleporting, unrestricted wilderness, and some of the mini-games from it with the tokens rewards. We are always working on more content for Blitz though, so hopefully all of those features will outweigh Classic's.

Quote from: Plastick2 on November 28, 2010, 02:40:04 PM
Where is the server located? I'm asking because i got always delay on server - i click somewhere and it takes about 1 second before it walks there. Even when i eat it fills my hp after delay - about 1sec.¨
World 1 is located in California on the west coast, and World 3 is in Ohio on the east. (Both are in the US)
However, I don't believe this is the reason for the delays that are occurring on World 1. We believe it is due to a memory leak in the server, which is a bug that causes the server to slowly use up all the available memory on the computer it is running on. When the computer starts running low on memory, it pauses the server to try and free some of the memory, and this is causing the periodic delay, or lag.

Try World 3 if World 1 keeps stalling like this, but I'll be trying to fix it. :)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Stephi

What I don't get is why people left when Blitz came out, Blitz has more skill's to level up,skill capes,stuff players will buy and use for leveling up(classic only had  rares to buy but the rares were treated like accessories), and blitz has less bug than classic.

Best Achievement

Sad Panda

Stephi

Quote from: Mute on November 28, 2010, 03:17:53 PM
Quote from: Stephi on November 28, 2010, 03:00:00 PM
What I don't get is why people left when Blitz came out, Blitz has more skill's to level up,skill capes,stuff players will buy and use for leveling up(classic only had  rares to buy but the rares were treated like accessories), and blitz has less bug than classic.
This is basically their reactions:
BAWWWWW I CAN'T BE FKED TO TAKE MY TIME TO LEVEL UP. BAWWWWW NOT ENOUGH FREE MONEY
It's fun to take time up to level up,and to earn their own money. But those people who don't want to do all that move to a different server that money is easy to earn,God swords being easy to get,typing in different codes to get every skill to level 99,and prices of item being cheap.

Best Achievement

Plastick2

Yes, i love this way leveling up but with more features and delay/lag fixed (sry Ry ^^). But it goes the right way imo.